General Whats my paint colour?

Currently reading:
General Whats my paint colour?

BenW

Former 999cc CLX Owner
Hi all, got a panda yesterday! Was a birthday from my grandad who has had it since new. Its a 1992 1000 Super Fire with nearly 25k miles on the clock and has been kept in a garage since new.

As he's not the best of drivers is got several dents in it, want to fill them in and then obviously match the filler to body colour.

Its in solid red, does anyone know what the exact colour/code is?

Thanks
Ben

Thanks Jim :)

Maybe i can also ask, my dad drove the car home (100miles mostly motorway) and he said the brakes felt very weak. Is this a common problem and can it be easily sorted? Could just be how the panda is as he drives a V6 mondeo which no doubt has slightly bigger brakes! lol

The brakes are not assisted on your car... The only thing that is stopping you is the pressure that your foot push down on the peddle.

So jumping out of a modern car into a panda can seem like there's something wrong but all you got to do is press harder than normal.

I'll take it that the hub's aren't heating up (seized brakes) or there's no scrapping noised when you brake (worn pads) and there is fluid in the reservoir?
It's just panda brakes is a topic that comes up often and we tend to have the same answer all the time "They're like that" and we'd hate to think that we've given you rather glib advice so if you could just check the above stuff.

Jim

Last edited:
Hi Ben

The brakes won't be up to the standard of your dads mondeo. It's probably a while since your dad drove a car without a brake servo, you have to press your foot down just a bit harder! Ask your grandad if he knows when the brake fluid was last changed, it goes off with age (absorbs water). I would change it and give the brakes a good bleed. Welcome to the Panda crew.

cheers Damon

Oh, where are you in Essex?

Welcome Ben

Nice to see an Essex Panda on here! It's about time we had more Panda owners from the East(ish) of England!

I jump from a Scenic to a Panda and they are very different. I nearly put the family thru the windscreen when I brake in the Scenic after a week in the Panda!

Welcome to the Forum, if you get the chance would love to see some pics and hear more about the car.

Just 25K on the clock! There seem to be a spate of low mileage Pandas being found lately!

Just 25K on the clock! There seem to be a spate of low mileage Pandas being found lately![/QUOTE]
But also Loads and Loads of high mileage ones still going strong! That's what makes them fantastic! :)
Welcome Ben! ARe you going to post some pics?
I think you're very lucky to have such a :cool: grandad!

Hi & welcome, if you find the brakes uneasy you could retro fit a servo system the same as the 4x4's and they are miles better.

When your next in the car push the brake pedal hard it will go firm at one point, then keep pressure on the pedal and it shouldn't go any further down if it does you either have air in the system or poor fluid.

There is other methods that test the servo but that would be a bit pointless :p

Sorry for a late reply!

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

The colour is rosso corsa, thanks for the racing red comment.....looked in halfords earlier for rossa corsa red and they only had racing red so now i know!

Brakes...
Think my dad assumed they were servoed which would explain him thinking they're weak. We got some brake fluid anyway, will drain and refill next weekend. e505jpy, no heating or scrapping :)

panda-sport, i'm living in stansted with my mum but the cars in church langley (Just south of harlow) in my dads garage.

Been busy working on the car today. Got some T-cut all over (My Grandad seems to have scratched every single blummin thing he could, think he used the bonnet as a compost bag shelf!). Waxed the bonnet with reasonable wax (£12 a bottle) and its smooth as glass (Really is, try out the zymol cleaner wax). Will t-cut the rest of the car again next weekend. Also had two wheels and the spare out for a wire brush down, prime and then silver paint. Also sprayed on some bumper care to make the bumpers shine :D

Its looking much better, might have to get some autoglym glass polish to finish it off.

Will post some piccies when i'm done tidying up

Alan.D said:
Hi & welcome, if you find the brakes uneasy you could retro fit a servo system the same as the 4x4's and they are miles better.
:p

Oooh! Alan DO we have servo - assisted brakes on our 4x4s? I must check!:)

beau_4076 said:
id get the dents removed if the cars that mint and not filled

try chipsaway etc? :)

Have to agree with Steve on that one.

Will get some GIY body filler and paint.

Can anyone else confirm that Rosso Corsa = Racing Red?

hi ben, spent all week looking and i've found a touch up pencil.unopened. though i had it for my uno. dis.no.5899463 fiat rosso corsa 854. maybe one of the boys can confirm if this is any use to you ? if it is i'll happily post it to you ,ginax

Thanks for the kind offer. Really looking for a spray paint as i'll be using a bit of body filler to sort out a rusting wheel arch and the odd dent here and there

Back