General 4x4 Panda's part two

Currently reading:
General 4x4 Panda's part two

pandafan

Don't polish it, DRIVE IT
We're in the middle of this conversation and the question has just been asked about the suspension difference between the front of the standard Panda and the 4x4.
The springs on the 4x4 have two more coils than the standard; now stop arguing for.................('heaven's) sake:rolleyes:

It's kind of sad ,I know. But there's nothing on the telly...and we only get beeb 2 & ITV 2&3 in the valley. So we have a couple of friends 'round.
Is that alright with you?

Hello Pandafan.
I take it that you are referring to the thread which started on the 6th Sept 05 and died out with your last post of the 8th, with the original question asked not having been properly addressed?

I have seen this question and similar asked before and would be interested to see if the ground clearance of the 4x4 Panda can be increased without the half shafts dropping out of the gearbox?

Rgds.

I can't think why not. The higher you took the front up would probably cause an increasing problem with tracking and increased wear on the joints. The rear would be a simple enough matter with longer spring-hangers.
Cornering would become a lot more 'interesting' though:D

Back