Technical Electric Window Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Electric Window Problem

damo_browny

Morning People,
I woke up this morning walked outside to find that my windows where all the way down?

I know when i left my car last night they where up. This is not the first time it has happened. It also happened at the weekend but the windows weren't all the way down like this morning.

I happens on both drivers side and passengers side.

Does anybody know why this happens? and does anybody know what i can do about it?

I have a 53 plate Stilo Active Air Con

many thanks

Damien

I was checking my tyre pressures last Saturday. I had done the last wheel and stood up to find both windows fully down. The keys were in my pants pocket and the buttons must have been pressed when I was squatting down. I have also opened the windows accidentally whilst fiddling to put the petrol cap back on!

You do have to be careful how you handle the fob.

damo_browny said:
Morning People,
I woke up this morning walked outside to find that my windows where all the way down?

I know when i left my car last night they where up. This is not the first time it has happened. It also happened at the weekend but the windows weren't all the way down like this morning.

I happens on both drivers side and passengers side.

Does anybody know why this happens? and does anybody know what i can do about it?

I have a 53 plate Stilo Active Air Con

many thanks

Damien

i have the same problem........the keys were left on a table all night so i didn't press the button!

It's a known problem. Mine did that a few times, quite unnerving. Fix is new electronics in the door. ('bout the only thing the garage managed to fix!)

You're probably just within your warranty ?

Hi guys, I was reading through the threads about electric window "gremlins" ;) and I come across several that explain an issue when the front windows open by themselves.
OK, but I have a Stilo 1.6 active WITHOUT A REMOTE KEY :eek:
I have the standard remoteless keys and what happened now 2 times when unlocking the doors is that both windows came down by themselves. At first it was not obvious to me what happened because I was not paying attention I was going immediately to the boot to put in something I come back and the windows are down... and I'm like WTF ? :confused:
Then the next time this happened we were in parking lot just entering our car and both windows come down as opening the doors.
Strange gremlins in this car ey ? :) But this does scare me a little what can make this happen ?

Hello Davren,
Sorry for the duplicating. It came from desperateness to find an answer to a strange behavior I only noticed, so the natural instinct kicked in to find answers to the question so I posted in more than one thread the same question. I apologize for it.
I will try the key holding method to see if that does anything. Thanks!
Cheers

Back