help on sei sound system

Currently reading:
help on sei sound system

i have a sei with standard speakers, they are like over grown cheap headphones, they sound really bad what ever you play, i have a cd player in it which has an output of 4x 40watt rms power output, what power speakers do i need to get quality sound, do i need to get speakers that have the same rms power as the cd player, as i cant find any in a 10cm speaker
please help:)

your right to be looking at the RMS power thats the real power of the speakers, any speaker that has a larger rating than the head unit/amp is fine as a replacement for factory fit ones from memory the standard ones are 4 watt!!

you have a PM regarding my install for sale :)

I sorely doubt you have 4x40W RMS being put out - its more likely to be like 4x17 W RMS. :) What HU do you have? If the standard sei speakers are the same as the cinq, they are quite evenly matched as the standard speakers take 17/18W RMS :)

If you want better quality sound, you are better off getting a set of components, amped with an external amp :) AFAIK, there is only 1 set of 4" components for sensible money - Kicker ones that Custard Boy has fitted to his cinq :). If you're a bit of an audiophile with lots of cash to spend, then there are much more expensive components available :)

This may help you. The sound on these powered by a sony head unit is astounding for what they are.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3040.html

I shoe horned them into the cavities on my sei. and i mean 'shoe horned', huge magnets and awesome build quality. Great sound. nice price. and no i don't work for vibe!

DSCN0580.JPG

DSCN0584.JPG

DSCN0590.JPG

Then i glued the badges on the grills - look sweet IMO.(y)

Back