Technical Seicento MPi fuel filter?

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento MPi fuel filter?

teddy

Can anybody tell me if the Seicento MPi has a fuel filter?

I ordered one but it's not under the car in the normal position. If it's there, it's well hidden!

Was it a fuel filter for an MPI??? Hope you havent ordered one for a SPI by accident

Well I did specify that i wanted a filter for a 2002 MPi Sporting, so technically they shouldn't have provided one!

hi, as i found out, the mpi's dont have an external fuel filter, its part of the fuel pump in the tank :(

And what are the change intervals? I've been trying to get one today. None in stock anywhere.. If I gotta drop the tank I'll leave it. Can of worms syndrome I fear..

there is no real time scale for a replacement of the filter, or shud i say the pump, cus you have to replace the whole unit :(

the procedure to change is

1.lift rear seats
2.find metal tank plate and undo all four nuts
3.lift to see the gubbins (technical name;) )
4.you'll see about 10 if i recall correctly, small nuts. undo these, but BE CAREFUL, i have already snapped two of the stubs which come out from the tank!
5. disconnect the sender wire and petrol pipes (have rag at hand for spillage)
6. slowly now lift off the metal ring then slowly twist and pull the pump upwards.
7. SWEAR cus of the crappy fiat design of the float which sends the signal to your petrol gauge! if you jiggle a bit, it will come out!

to put it all back in........reverse of getting out (y)

hope this can help mpi people in the future!

hi i thought i would save starting a new post so here goes
does anyone have a pic of hte fuel filter for the MPI seicento sporting i ordered one and it looks like this but i think its for the spi seicento plz help

See post above, you need to order the whole fuel pump which is an absolute ballache so a picture would be of no benefit to yourself

i rang fiat about mine when i couldnt find it. they said on the late models its built into the pump. if your unsure ring them with your chasis number they will tell you if you have one. mines a 2001, one of the first MPI's and its built into the pump. so if yours post 2001 then its probably in the tank. he also said its not really a serviceable part and not needed changing.

Could you not retro fit an SPI filter in line and another decent pump? May be easier for the future and possibly no more expensive.

Kristian

I suppose its a possibilty however its a lot of messing around for a part that i would imagine is still available off the shelf

Back