Technical Head light Bulb

Currently reading:
Technical Head light Bulb

paul stilo

I dont know if this is a problem everywhere, I've seen posted on here that halfords do this, but ive been to buy a replacement head light for my Stilo, but have been sold what looks to be a fog light. I bought it from an auto discount shop. Im not sure if this has been posted before, just letting you all know so you dont do what I've had to do and wait until monday when the shop re-opens!

The head light has two prongs (if thats what you call them) on the back, and the fog light just one.

T14086 said:
LOL imagine changing the dip beam bulb on passenger side (after removing battery etc) only to find its the wrong bulb..........actually its not very funny really is it :(

No....it wasnt as bad to change, like everyone has posted on here. it only took 5-10 minutes to get out....and 30 to realise its the wrong bulb (dont change any stilo bulbs with sleep deprivation and a hang over). I didnt have to take any of the grille out, like people have posted

Its a bit fiddly. Theres next to no space behind the battery. If ou have fat hands i hope you have the #90 or however much Fiat want!

1. take off battery cover
2. unclip ligt cover (but hold onto it, instead of letting it drop into the bumper and forgetting where you put it - like i did!)
3.Unplug the wires that go into the back of the bulb. These wires are all on one plug.
4. unclip bullb, and remove bulb
5.replace, re-clip and re-plug bulb in (turn on lights to see that level of bulb is correct, because mine was a bit blinding)
6.(the fiddly one)replace the cover/seal to the back of the headlight. The best way i found was to unclip the top of the grille at the bottom passenger side of the bumber, pass the cover under the bumper, and have one hand under and the other hand over to guide and clip in. You end up hugging the bumper, but thats the easiest way i found!
7.replace battery cover.

Back