P9040001.JPG

Stilo 5 door Stilo with 3 door bumper....

Introduction

Paid a visit to good old Ben R today :D, and had a tinker about with my 5 door...

He had already replaced the bumper on his 3 door, and so sprayed his old one up to colour match mine [and got the colour spot on (y)] ! It was amazing how many variances there are between the cars, even at the front; every single line was different, lol, but he made it fit ;)

The before shot:

P9040001.JPG

The scary bit:

P9040004.JPG

At this stage, had to move across the rubber trim - and try and force out the grill - not nice, considering the clips had been plastic welded :cry:

The final result:

P9040012.JPG

P9040013.JPG

Unless you look real closely, you can't see the odd gap ;) - I am very pleased with the end result, and total transforms the front of the car...

Oh, and he still did the obligatory engine bay colour coding as well :D

P9040006.JPG

BTW, there will be a proper 'Stilo - how to remove front bumper' thread (y)

Cheers Ben - next stop, eBay/Lester body parts - side skirts, rear spoiler, 18" alloys, rear bumper, strutbrace, Supersprint :chin:
Time to weld the back doors shut stu???

Looking good, is there a stilo on this site without the 'Silver engine cover' mod? ;)

Looks 100x better. Why do they make the 5 doors front ugly too.

Now you can fool people into thinking you were sensible and bought a 3 door ;)

Alex said:
Looking good, is there a stilo on this site without the 'Silver engine cover' mod? ;)
I am sure James Abarth WON'T be having his done :chin:

Lol @ Neil - the only one crazy enough to want his to look like a 5 door ;)

And dave - looks like I will have to find some more Stilo threads to move to the LL :D

The pictures look good :) face on it looks like a tall 3 door :p, but it definatly improves the front end hugely and with the silver grill (y)

Have to keep my eye out when i got to the scrap yard from now on, although would it suit red :chin: Oh well i could still get rid of it on here :D

Back