Styling sei mk2 dash in mk1 ?

Currently reading:
Styling sei mk2 dash in mk1 ?

MK2 dash has LCD screen for mileage down etc.... and fuel gauge is vertical instead of horizontal..... see pics attached

Attachments

• mk1-dash.jpg
    mk1-dash.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 16
  • mk2-dash.jpg
    mk2-dash.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 27
Hmm not sure to be honest

I would say it wouldnt, due to the MK1 having a clock to the left of the speedo and the fuel guage horizontally to the right of the speedo.

On the MK2 as you can see there is no clock and the fuel guage is vertical. Therefore i would assume the MK1 dash display would be longer in length.

Also the odometer is a cable on MK1 and is digital on MK2 dont know if this would cause a problem though.

Im unaware of this conversion not sure if anyone on here has done that but there is a first time for everything, and if you can get a cheap MK2 dash display i would attempt it, so long as you dont throw away the MK1 one

An interesting idea, but i dont think it would work, although worth an attempt, but i could be wrong, let us know if you decide to do this, and the results :)

how would you reconfigure the speedo if you changed to digital?

i'd imagine size wise they'd be the same, and as a guess i'd reckon the connections would also be the same.

only 3 or 4 main differences between the mk1 and mk2, i can't imagine they'd have changed the wiring system in between the two models

Right sat at the traffic lights today and thought bout this conversion.

On the MK1 dash all the warning lights e.g high beam, headlights etc, are on a panel at the top of the dash, whereas on the MK2 dash, they are scattered close to the speedometer.

Would this make the dash taller????

Also would it cause problems re-wiring etc??

Im going to buy some mk2 clocks and im going to give it a go, will keep you all updated with the latest!!

:D

Right ive bought some brand new mk2 clocks from ebay! Whats with the sensor from the gearbox, why will i need that?, if i do where do i connect it up to?

Cheers :D

That shot above of the Mk1 clocks is not what my Mk1 clocks look like. I know this pic is not centered on the clocks but you can still see em.

Attachments

• 3352Int_Dials.jpg
    3352Int_Dials.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 30
Clocks arrived today! The connections arent the same, so any ideas how to wire this up?
See the 2 pics attached! Mk1 on left, Mk2 on right

Cheers :D

Attachments

• Mk1 Clocks.JPG
    Mk1 Clocks.JPG
    569.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Mk2 Clocks.JPG
    Mk2 Clocks.JPG
    618.7 KB · Views: 16
That looks like a bit of a challenge!! looks like you're gona need wiring loom from a mk2. Plus you'll need an electronic speedo sender to replace your speedo cable. More trouble than it's worth i'd say.

Sorry i forgot to update! I never got round to doing it! it was far too much trouble to change. But whilst doing this i broke my old clocks so i had to buy new!

Back