Technical 1242 auto engine - will it fit my Cing box ?

Currently reading:
Technical 1242 auto engine - will it fit my Cing box ?

I've found a cheap 1242 auto engine which I'd like to fit into my Cinq .Does anyone know if this will this accept my flywheel/clutch & bolt up to my manual box OK ?
Thanks
John

Bushboy said:
the box all fits on fine but you will need to put the cinq flywheel and clutch on. you will also need to put on the selecta alternator and crank pulley as the cinq ones done line up.. . apart from that. its exactly like using the punto 60 manual engine.
no you got short memory :D cinq flywheel dont fit rember i brought that 1 off a 1.2 manual punto with me?

Bushboy said:
the box all fits on fine but you will need to put the cinq flywheel and clutch on. you will also need to put on the selecta alternator and crank pulley as the cinq ones done line up.. . apart from that. its exactly like using the punto 60 manual engine.

be VERY careful here - the crank angle sensor may not line up...

dave said:
no you got short memory :D cinq flywheel dont fit rember i brought that 1 off a 1.2 manual punto with me?

Hi Dave
Any more where that one came from?
Cheers
Adrian
P.s i can`t find any details on crank angle sensor in the haynes manual,which one should i use 1108/1242 and where does it mount?

Last edited:
Back