2006 Stilo in different colours

Currently reading:
2006 Stilo in different colours

Koa

Free dentistry available
I wasn't too sure which section to put this in but i figured it might appeal to more than just stilo owners.
The original pictures that were released really did not show the car off to its full potential and i for one was not sure about getting one..
But now here they are photoshoped to show what the car could look like in better colours and I think it's changed my mind as the white one i done at the bottom of the post shows the cars very moddable.

5300yellow.jpg

5300white.jpg

5300silver.jpg

5300red.jpg

5300orange.jpg

5300lightgreen.jpg

5300bllue.jpg

5300moddedwhitewide.jpg

Hmmm.... I'm sure in time it'll grow on me. :confused: :(
But for now I prefer the recent one, it doesn't look very fiat'ish at all it looks too japanese like a big micra.

Last edited:
Well i suppose with the popularity of the present Stilo, they had to change it drastically to compete with the japanese style cars. I really like the styling myself especially in the non metalic colours, it makes it look really sporty.
With the prices that Fiat will have to sell them at I think it could be a real winner.. Idealy i would like them to keep it like it is and appeal to only a few but I don't think it will happen with the next model somehow.

I've just read the bit about it being based on the Astra platform. I know there was some talk a while back when Fiat were in trouble but have GM bought them out or a major share. I can't think why Fiat would based the chassis of this new car on the astra (not that theres anything wrong with the astra) Fiat usually make fine chassis's themselves.

Cheers Bob ;)

I think if i was gonna buy one of these then i would go with white because of the ease of painting and less scratches visible, also it looks pretty hot in white.... there's not a lot more i could do with the pictures as the original one is very pixelated and quite small, so i just extended/ highlighted the arches and i think it works well on it.

The white red and orange look stunning (good stuff KoArAng). I love white cars, I think it's a really underated colour that hopefully will come back into fashion soon. If I'd been braver I would have ordered my Abarth in white - but I was worried too many people would flag me down for a fare!!

cinqmeister said:
The lights look very Golfy...

It's like they've taken the original design and said - "Let's do the same but without a ruler"

True that's a very good way of describing it.

bennyboy66 said:
I've just read the bit about it being based on the Astra platform. I know there was some talk a while back when Fiat were in trouble but have GM bought them out or a major share. I can't think why Fiat would based the chassis of this new car on the astra (not that theres anything wrong with the astra) Fiat usually make fine chassis's themselves.

From what I read the Astra is infact using the Fiat C platform that was used for the Stilo. So in a way they are correct saying astra, but in the wrong context

Does anyone know how, or if its possible, for a good quality body shop to extend the wheel arches like i have done to the bottom white one, and what sort of cost it is, because it would have to be custom done as there won't be any body parts like that when the cars first released ?

Also when this sort of thing is done, whats the best method to fill the arches with the wheels, what needs extending ?

KoArAnG said:
Does anyone know how, or if its possible, for a good quality body shop to extend the wheel arches like i have done to the bottom white one, and what sort of cost it is, because it would have to be custom done as there won't be any body parts like that when the cars first released ?

Also when this sort of thing is done, whats the best method to fill the arches with the wheels, what needs extending ?

TBH Koa a bodyshop could do it for you but it'll cost you the earth as it would be a right nightmare of a job. We sometimes get asked by our clients if we do this sort of work & my governor always turns it down. As for making the wheels extend I should imagine some spacer plates would do the job.

Back