Technical wire colour codes

Currently reading:
Technical wire colour codes

anthonytutton

Hi all.

Does anybody have a diagram for the audio system? Ive had the iSO plug out of the rear of the stereo, but i need to know what speaker wires go where? I want to tap in to these wires using an iso connector so i leave the original block intact. So what colour wires go to the left, and which colour to the right speakers?
Would this info be on the workshop cd?

I would also like to know what wires come from the steering control stalk. although, i think thats on the can bus system?

And to narrow it down still further, to find out which wires are for which side, just touch a 1 1/2volt battery to the most likely wires and you'll hear the speaker on one side give a little thump ( if not then try again with different wires). Absolutely dead certain which wires connect to which side speaker then

That sounds like a good idea, especially as I can't make any sense of my eLearn disc :bang:

On the E-learn disk are schematics for the radio and all other electric equipment - the wires are codes in Italian abbreviations.
attached you'll find an explanation of the wiring codes in German - translate them to English and you will know which wire you are handling...

https://www.fiatforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32699&stc=1&d=1189784742

good luck,
Gertautogek

Attachments

• kabelboom kleurcode fiat.JPG
    kabelboom kleurcode fiat.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 4,015
So which codes are for the four speakers?

I know what set of wires in the iso are for the speakers, so i guess all i got to do is use the wiring colour guide, and find the matching coloured wires in the iso block.

Thanks for the replies...(y)

Anthony, heres the pic I said I would send.

Pair of identical Brown = Rear right
Dark Purple & Blue/Orange = Rear left
Grey/Pink = Front left
Brown/Grey = Front right

Attachments

• CIMG0097.JPG
    CIMG0097.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:
my looms dont have an ignition feed, just the +12V live memory feed, so onli way 2 operate the radio atm is by a permanent live so im gona have to try create an ignition feed somehw, it can be done, lol :D

12v+ Ign could be fed from the cigar lighter surely? unless the stilo is more arse about face than i thought.

On the E-learn disk are schematics for the radio and all other electric equipment - the wires are codes in Italian abbreviations.
attached you'll find an explanation of the wiring codes in German - translate them to English and you will know which wire you are handling...

https://www.fiatforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32699&stc=1&d=1189784742

good luck,
Gertautogek
Thank you so much for this - the diagrams were driving me mad! Why, if you're Fiat, would you pay to translate all the documentation into various languages and then NOT translate the corresponding diagrams??? Now I can go and wire my new stereo properly :)

Back