Register Login
endrop - for all your online needs
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010   #1
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Derby
Posts: 40
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Post Multijet Elegenza - 1 month in

After 1 month and about 900miles with the Multijet [95] I thought I'd share some 'Marmite' observations seeing as I'm the only vocal diesel owner around at the moment!

"Loves"
- The turbo kick and power band for 3rd & 4th
- Cruising at 2200 in 6th at 70mph
- Discovered my Navman sticks nicely on the compartment lid next to the proper satnav dock. And it hasnt broken yet!
- 60mpg on a long run to the in-laws
- Lazy driving in auto, full gear control in semi-auto

"Hates"
- Wish the engine was quieter around town
- Sluggish below 1600rpm
- The wing mirrors dont manually fold in?!?!
- The driver-side wing mirror generates far more wind noise than the passenger side!
- The glovebox is about half the size of the one in my old clio mk1
- The radiator and intercooler are far too exposed on the elegenza grille. Got lots of stone dents already.

Any other Multijet drivers out there??
__________________
Delivered! Punto Evo Eleganza Multijet [95] Dualogic White + Style pack + Skydome + Mats
kEvo95 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 06-10-2010   #2
"Spirito Di Punto"
 
TJ07's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 631
Thanks: 46
Trader Rating: 0
TJ07 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Multijet Elegenza - 1 month in

Quote Originally Posted by kEvo95 View Post
After 1 month and about 900miles with the Multijet [95] I thought I'd share some 'Marmite' observations seeing as I'm the only vocal diesel owner around at the moment!

"Loves"
- The turbo kick and power band for 3rd & 4th
- Cruising at 2200 in 6th at 70mph
- Discovered my Navman sticks nicely on the compartment lid next to the proper satnav dock. And it hasnt broken yet!
- 60mpg on a long run to the in-laws
- Lazy driving in auto, full gear control in semi-auto

"Hates"
- Wish the engine was quieter around town
- Sluggish below 1600rpm
- The wing mirrors dont manually fold in?!?!
- The driver-side wing mirror generates far more wind noise than the passenger side!
- The glovebox is about half the size of the one in my old clio mk1
- The radiator and intercooler are far too exposed on the elegenza grille. Got lots of stone dents already.

Any other Multijet drivers out there??
Have to say Im slightly surprised that there isnt more M-Jet Evos out there.
The wing mirrors DO manually fold maybe yours are just very stiff?!... my old panda had that problem.
__________________
Punto Evo Sporting 135 MultiAir Ambient White,
Red Wing Mirrors, Smoked Wind Deflectors, Team Dynamics Jet 17" alloys, Abarth Evo Exhaust & Suspension, Side Rubbing strips, Red Brake Calipers, Rear Mudflaps, Clear Rear Fog Unit, BMC Panel Filter, TMC Box, Osram Nightbreakers, Mtec Superwhite side lights, Mtec Superwhite DRL's, Chromed Indicator Bulbs, Smoked repeaters, Alloy Pedals, Armrest.
TJ07 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 07-10-2010   #3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Horsham
Posts: 61
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Multijet Elegenza - 1 month in

Quote Originally Posted by kEvo95 View Post

- The radiator and intercooler are far too exposed on the elegenza grille. Got lots of stone dents already.
I'm not a multijet owner but...

I drive back from work at midnight each day up the A24 from Worthing, and a month after getting mine I hit a fox. Not only did it crack my bumper and smash the grill but somehow it's head managed to poke through the grill and dent my intercooler !

Then exactly a month after getting it back from repair I hit a rabbit (it hopped up and bounced - I mean this rabbit was TINY) , and that cracked the indicator glass and also broke the headlight mounting points. That in turn damaged the paint on the bumper so I needed yet another new bumper....

I feel as if the front section is made of tissue paper it's so flimsy. Now I'm scared to drive home any faster than 30 mph lol.
__________________
2010 Fiat Punto Evo Sporting in Easy Listening White
ntparsons is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 07-10-2010   #4
"Spirito Di Punto"
 
TJ07's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 631
Thanks: 46
Trader Rating: 0
TJ07 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Multijet Elegenza - 1 month in

Quote Originally Posted by ntparsons View Post
I'm not a multijet owner but...

I drive back from work at midnight each day up the A24 from Worthing, and a month after getting mine I hit a fox. Not only did it crack my bumper and smash the grill but somehow it's head managed to poke through the grill and dent my intercooler !

Then exactly a month after getting it back from repair I hit a rabbit (it hopped up and bounced - I mean this rabbit was TINY) , and that cracked the indicator glass and also broke the headlight mounting points. That in turn damaged the paint on the bumper so I needed yet another new bumper....

I feel as if the front section is made of tissue paper it's so flimsy. Now I'm scared to drive home any faster than 30 mph lol.
If I were you Id be more worried about being spotted by the RSPCA!!
Anyway I would think that words probably got round the local wildlife to stay out of your way by now!
__________________
Punto Evo Sporting 135 MultiAir Ambient White,
Red Wing Mirrors, Smoked Wind Deflectors, Team Dynamics Jet 17" alloys, Abarth Evo Exhaust & Suspension, Side Rubbing strips, Red Brake Calipers, Rear Mudflaps, Clear Rear Fog Unit, BMC Panel Filter, TMC Box, Osram Nightbreakers, Mtec Superwhite side lights, Mtec Superwhite DRL's, Chromed Indicator Bulbs, Smoked repeaters, Alloy Pedals, Armrest.
TJ07 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-10-2010   #5
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Horsham
Posts: 61
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Multijet Elegenza - 1 month in

Quote Originally Posted by TJ07 View Post
Anyway I would think that words probably got round the local wildlife to stay out of your way by now!
It would be great if that really could happen!
__________________
2010 Fiat Punto Evo Sporting in Easy Listening White
ntparsons is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) Doblo family 1.3 multijet - first month of ownership duplo Doblo 17 27-07-2010 23:24
(G) Croma after 1 month lanciaman Croma 2 31-05-2010 01:06
Hottie Of The Month surfin_fella Leisure Lounge 2067 04-06-2007 18:36
(G) Panda Multijet - 2 month report professor_yaffle Panda 6 24-04-2007 00:01