Register Login
The UK's No.1 Chrysler Owners Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2010   #1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bristol
Posts: 857
Thanks: 23
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
No Seat Belt - No Ear Drums?

Just wondering if everyone else has the same sound I have.

Driving a few yards without seatbelt on & the car makes a horrible rather loud, constant tone.

I assume everyone has this?

Just wondering because every other car i've been in has been rather polite about it, usually a pulsing tone or a beep beep beep etc.
__________________

2010 Punto Evo Eleganza - 1.4 Multiair (105) - Progressive Black
Blank2k2 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 09-05-2010   #2
Ginger
 
MrBoney's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 411
Thanks: 14
Trader Rating: 0
MrBoney has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: No Seat Belt - No Ear Drums?

Mines ear piercingly loud too lol

the grande one was the same but it didn't hold the tone it beeped. Everytime It did It I thought the plane was going down.
__________________
Punto Evo, 1.4 MultiAir 105 Eleganza 5dr, ESP + Hill Holder, Ambient White, Leather Interior (front armrest and ambient lighting), Skydome Roof, Style Pack (cornering fogs, rear electric windows and side rubbing strips), Metallic Bumper Mouldings, Reverse Parking Sensors, Mudflaps.
MrBoney is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 09-05-2010   #3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bristol
Posts: 857
Thanks: 23
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: No Seat Belt - No Ear Drums?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBoney View Post
Mines ear piercingly loud too lol

the grande one was the same but it didn't hold the tone it beeped. Everytime It did It I thought the plane was going down.

tis annoying lol, certainly makes you put your belt on though!

I've noticed if you wait along enough it starts to beep & sound more "normal", which is pretty much why i asked... just wondered if mine was screwy or not
__________________

2010 Punto Evo Eleganza - 1.4 Multiair (105) - Progressive Black
Blank2k2 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-05-2010   #4
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ayrshire
Posts: 277
Thanks: 4
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: No Seat Belt - No Ear Drums?

The GP did something similar, you could turn it off on the menu but reset every time you restarted the engine. However the workshop can turn it off totally so just the dash light comes on with no annoying sound.
__________________
Punto Evo Sporting Exotica Red, Chrome wing Mirrors, Upgraded 2 tone 17" alloys, Side Rubbing strips, Tinted Rear Windows, Red Brake Calipers, Chrome Pedal covers, Pioneer Speakers all round, Upgraded Osram Nightbreaker +90 headlight bulbs, Mtec Superwhite DRL's, Phillips blue vision side lights and Silver Indicator Bulbs,
ayrshiredude is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-05-2010   #5
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bristol
Posts: 857
Thanks: 23
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: No Seat Belt - No Ear Drums?

Quote Originally Posted by ayrshiredude View Post
The GP did something similar, you could turn it off on the menu but reset every time you restarted the engine. However the workshop can turn it off totally so just the dash light comes on with no annoying sound.
Sounds like an idea tbh, it is alittle bit too intrusive.

Yesterday for example i was pulling up to let a friend out and the bloody thing went off because she took off her seat belt 10 seconds before jumping out.

Would love to get hold of the software that lets you enable/disable bits.
__________________

2010 Punto Evo Eleganza - 1.4 Multiair (105) - Progressive Black
Blank2k2 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-05-2010   #6
Speed Reader of the Year!
 
Most Easterly Pandas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 39,312
Thanks: 1231
Trader Rating: 2
Most Easterly Pandas has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: No Seat Belt - No Ear Drums?

Quote Originally Posted by Blank2k2 View Post
Sounds like an idea tbh, it is alittle bit too intrusive.

Yesterday for example i was pulling up to let a friend out and the bloody thing went off because she took off her seat belt 10 seconds before jumping out.

Would love to get hold of the software that lets you enable/disable bits.
TBH it only takes a second for a fatal accident to happen. Shouldn't remove seatbelt until leaving the vehicle. But yes, Fiat can disable it
__________________
Most Easterly Panda's - Panda'ing in East Anglia
Stockest of mk2 Panda Parts, PM for any parts requests
1993 Classic Panda Selecta, 1989 Panda 750L,
2015 Kia Soul EV, 2009 Panda Eleganza & 2005 Panda Climbing 4x4 (LPG)
Most Easterly Pandas is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-05-2010   #7
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bristol
Posts: 857
Thanks: 23
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: No Seat Belt - No Ear Drums?

Quote Originally Posted by Most Easterly Pandas View Post
TBH it only takes a second for a fatal accident to happen. Shouldn't remove seatbelt until leaving the vehicle. But yes, Fiat can disable it

As long as its not on the Drivers side its all good

Don't get me wrong, if it does it for the rear seats for kids etc then that'd be great, but tbh if your over a certain age (15+) you can be responsible for looking after your own safety... i'm not going to be demanding my passengers wait til the cars come to a dead-stop before removing seatbelts, so i don't want my ears bleeding from the sound :P

I know a few people from my non-driving days who demanded you wait til the cars completely stopped before taking off the belt, and insisted you ask permission before touching the heater vents or open a window etc.... and I cant say as I think back fondly of those people (too uptight/controlling)

Long story short, the sound goes when i can be arsed to
__________________

2010 Punto Evo Eleganza - 1.4 Multiair (105) - Progressive Black
Blank2k2 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 17-05-2010   #8
Expat
 
miura74's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Skive
Posts: 312
Thanks: 7
Trader Rating: 0
miura74 has donated!
Denmark 
Re: No Seat Belt - No Ear Drums?

Quote Originally Posted by Blank2k2 View Post
Just wondering if everyone else has the same sound I have.

Driving a few yards without seatbelt on & the car makes a horrible rather loud, constant tone.

I assume everyone has this?

Just wondering because every other car i've been in has been rather polite about it, usually a pulsing tone or a beep beep beep etc.
Spooky. This happened to me today (first time) and yes, blinkin' 'eck it's loud! Seems a little OTT.
__________________

miura74 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) Seat Belt - Front Middle Seat Troy McClure Multipla 6 09-12-2013 15:12
(G) how much! for a seat belt!! mahol Punto (Mk2/2b) 10 19-12-2009 14:44
(G) Need New Seat Belt GOONBOY Stilo 4 08-09-2008 19:27
(T) Seat Belt snoopy5 Tipo (Classic) 2 16-03-2007 09:16
Grinning from ear to ear tstaboy Leisure Lounge 3 18-02-2006 14:25