Technical drive shafts!!!!?????

Currently reading:
Technical drive shafts!!!!?????

ste 25

:confused: hi everyone i just joind! im a courier with a doblo cargo sx. 2weeks ago it started 2WOOBLE at 40mph!!!!! my local dealer replaced the drivers side shaft didnt help, now its booked in for the otherside to be replaced! has anyone ever had this problem? thanks :confused:

Ste sorry no one has replied yet!

I'm afraid I've never come across this problem on the Doblo, a wobble would indicate to me a driveshaft problem or something after the gearbox. It could also be a warn or burnt out bearing. Do you hear any whirring coming from the transmission?

thanks for answering:slayer: . no noise at all dropped. it off this afternoon at fiat to get the near side drive shaft replaced. it already had the offside replaced which didnt help:bang: . picking it up 2moro so il let you know what happens.

cheers mate!!!!!!!!!!(y)

picked up van on wed after having the drive shaft replaced and i still have a slight wobble. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Mine had the same problem wobble at about 40mph when going round a corner. Garage said it could be driveshafts plus change all four tyres and rims.

got 4 new tyres 2weeks ago just to see if it helped had the balancing checked 2day too!(y) . no joy

:slayer: PS i have 16inch stilo alloys on 195/50's dont think its them though! there mint!!!!!!!!!!!(y)

Hi Brand new here, but I have the same problom on a cargo 1.9 jtd sx. Left hand bends starts the wobble from 40 mph up to 55mph, also on acceleration, the harder the acceleration the worse the wobble. I have swapped all the tyres around, no change. local garage suspects nearside front drive shaft and there is certainly vibration under the passanger footwell. The garage was hoping to find a driveshaft supplier who could swap out the shafts, but can only find rebuilders, not good as it means my van is out of action for 10 days. Having read this thread though it looks like drive shafts may not be the problem. My van is on 05 with 65k miles, are the other wobblers of similar vintage/miles?

The wobble disapears as you reach 60mph, is this the same as the rest of you?

I did think that there was a lot of play to the rear most engine/gearbox mount. It is the one underneath near the middle of the van/car. Not sure if that is a cause or a symptom though.

Not sure what to try next....

Sorted it...(y) The passenger side drive shaft inside joint was the problem. New shaft and the cup that it sits in needs to be replaced. Parts were around £200 with an hours labour to fit it..:D

Anybody done the O/S drive shaft on the Doblo? Is the bearing in the middle easy to remove. Any details on the removal of it would help. Thanks.

Back