some indian god on a cart?

Currently reading:
some indian god on a cart?

I was in london this evening having a meal when the streets filled with people (more than usal) police stopped traffic and there was a man banging a drum, i went to the door to have a look what was going on, there was a cart type thing at the end of the road with lots of colours and god looking things on it, a man went up with what looked like a bowl of fruit and coconut and placed it on the cart, then the man with the drum came down the street followed by the cart being pushed by lots of people, they was pushing it very fast. any one can tell me what it was all about?

Mmm im not sure but i think its something to do with one of the hindu gods. Its an old celebration or parade, they have food on the cart as offerings to the gods and usually take the cart to the temple afterwards. Thats all i know hope its helped alittle.

Shaz

the people you saw were possibly from the hare krishna temple and resteraunt in soho sq, and those that have come down from watford...

i was in east ham, people was all dressed in normal clothes, long way from soho.

this looks like what was on the cart though.
rama1.jpg

:)

i also found a shop that did home made looking vegi Indian sweets, big squares of it, mmm

no congestion charge in the east end Renegade_8:)

Last edited:
Back