Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

Currently reading:
Did you get a PS3 and what did you think.

Gazza AK47

I got rusty Russian guns.
Finally Parcel Farce delivered around 1pm today.

Set up and plug in was easy. First thoughts were, this is heavy, shiny ooh look at that.

Plugged in the chunky HDMi lead I got for it and connected the fibre optic cable and spent half an hour fiddling with the menus setting up sound etc.

Downloaded the latest firmware. Whilst eating my pizza booted up BlackHawkDown, holy moly. The picture is awesome and the sound is fantastic.

Then booted up F1, Motorstorm, Resistence FoM and CoD3.

F1 CE is great(y) Truly loving this one. As a huge F1 fan its not hard to love it. Just did a 13 lap race at Imola and at some points it looked real, very real. The rain at Sepang was awesome.

Motorstorm has good mud and dirt effects, but is just an average racer, can see this being traded early.

R:FoM is not bad, Guess it will get batter as I only played it for 5 minutes.

CoD 3 is no different to the 360 version, I will say the 360 one looks slighty better, but the sound is better on the PS3.

Then I downloaded Grand Tourismo HD,, I can't wait for this, I need it now.
Gonna have a few online matches later.

(y)

Overall, I would say as an avid XBox fan, the PS3 is better so far.:)

lol Gazza, you say the PS3 is better but the only game you compared with a 360 game got your vote for the most important factor in this next gen war, Graphics (y)

My free PS3 will be here tomorrow or Monday :slayer:

I'll give you my honest opinion as the 3 next gen machines will be hooked up to the same display all at once :yum:

I wish i had a HD TV. Formula one is amazing graphics as it is at the moment too! same goes with Call of Duty. though i haven't yet played properly on Sonic or Blazing angels (i like planes:eek: ). Nice to have the Ferrari in Gran Turismo too:)

lol Gazza, you say the PS3 is better but the only game you compared with a 360 game got your vote for the most important factor in this next gen war, Graphics (y)

My free PS3 will be here tomorrow or Monday :slayer:

I'll give you my honest opinion as the 3 next gen machines will be hooked up to the same display all at once :yum:

I don't know why cod3 looks better on the 360,but then i've only done half the st lo mission, so its probably a bit early on that one, however the games that are ps3 only, such as motorstorm and f1 look absolutely stunning.

i feel that ps3 is better not just graphics wise, but sound and feel of the whole thing. it all feels polished, if that makes any sense.

Yeah I can understand what you're saying, but then it should feel better as it's a heck of a lot dearer than the 360.

As for the graphics on COD3, that was down to the hardware being so much more complicated on the PS3, it's difficult when you have something like COD3 which was made on lots of formats and also the newest machine, the PS3 is a bugger to work with whereas the 360 is very PC like.
I'm looking forward to getting my PS3, I am not a sony fan but I love VF5 and F1 games :slayer:

Yeah I can understand what you're saying, but then it should feel better as it's a heck of a lot dearer than the 360.

As for the graphics on COD3, that was down to the hardware being so much more complicated on the PS3, it's difficult when you have something like COD3 which was made on lots of formats and also the newest machine, the PS3 is a bugger to work with whereas the 360 is very PC like.
I'm looking forward to getting my PS3, I am not a sony fan but I love VF5 and F1 games :slayer:

This reply is being typed on the ps3

This reply is via the PC.

Heres a couple of pics of PS3's web browser.

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

Works ok. Don't really like the Fiat Forum and requires abit of reloading of pages.

Will download and install LinuxYellow dog at some point.:slayer:

And get a keyboard with a mouse pad on it as well. Much needed I think.

I was playing on a PS3 in hmv manchester on saturday, and to be quite honest I wasn't impressed by it.

It was on a HD telly, (sony) and it was an F1 racing game. Basically what didnt impress me was the graphics. after all the hype, and the price of the bloody things it wasnt what i was expecting.

I wouldnt pay the £425 odd price for the console- its too much. If i had bought one blind, like the i bought the Wii (ie never played one) I'd be dissapointed. Now I know the Wii is a different league but that actually impressed me, and my mate who like his consoles and thought it was **** till he played it.

PS3 will have to drop a lot in price before I get one!

I was playing on a PS3 in hmv manchester on saturday, and to be quite honest I wasn't impressed by it.

It was on a HD telly, (sony) and it was an F1 racing game. Basically what didnt impress me was the graphics. after all the hype, and the price of the bloody things it wasnt what i was expecting.

tbh you never get a good idea from playing games instore. i played the xbox 360 somewhere and thought it was complete ****e but playing it at my friends house made me think slightly different. still prefer my ps3 even if it was a lil over priced but with discount it wasn't so bad.

BTW i heard that you have to actually pay to use the online multiplayer games in xbox live or w/e it is? :eek:

tbh you never get a good idea from playing games instore. i played the xbox 360 somewhere and thought it was complete ****e but playing it at my friends house made me think slightly different. still prefer my ps3 even if it was a lil over priced but with discount it wasn't so bad.

BTW i heard that you have to actually pay to use the online multiplayer games in xbox live or w/e it is? :eek:

Since the introduction of XBox live on the original xbox, which I have/had subscribed to since day one. It has cost me £200, allthough it has been alot of fun.

I got my PS3 on Monday and it's still in it's box. After seeing some video footage of F1 championship I am thinking I'll leave it where it is and sell it as brand new. I wasn't impressed at all and at this point I would rather the money than risk opening it and having to sell it as second hand just because I am curious.:rolleyes:

I got my PS3 on Monday and it's still in it's box. After seeing some video footage of F1 championship I am thinking I'll leave it where it is and sell it as brand new. I wasn't impressed at all and at this point I would rather the money than risk opening it and having to sell it as second hand just because I am curious.:rolleyes:

You got yours free tho. not like your losing money is it?
Get it cracked open and give us a review! (y)

How can you judge F1 on video footage?:confused:

I read all the reviews on the game and seen the videos as well, and I thought I had made a bum decision on getting F1. But I thought, what the hell lets give it a go, and I'll tell you this, its awesome. It is really good and not just because I'm an F1 fan either. Give it ago.

Or are you worried that you'll lose your Xbox fanboy status and upset Custard;) :D

Or are you worried that you'll lose your Xbox fanboy status and upset Custard
PMSL.,.,

well after playing the PS3 again today i can say that one of the things that dissapoints me most about it is that, with the controller they have done nothing other than shoe-horn a pair of triggers into it (and wireless of course) instead of L2 And R2 and i find it is very uncomfortable to use,.,?
Surely they could have put a little more thought into this? i remember seeing a picture last year of some mental looking controllers which were "supposed" to be the new PS3 ones., now im thinking that either they skimped on cost by using all that extra stock of PS2 controller casings to a adapt into a PS3 ones "or" they've decided to keep the original design of the controllers so that people are falimiar with it and it makes it feel more like a "playstation"?.,

Either way i find them a little uncomfortable to use and the travel of the trigger is very limited too., does anyone else find this to be a problem.,?

PMSL.,.,

well after playing the PS3 again today i can say that one of the things that dissapoints me most about it is that, with the controller they have done nothing other than shoe-horn a pair of triggers into it (and wireless of course) instead of L2 And R2 and i find it is very uncomfortable to use,.,?
Surely they could have put a little more thought into this? i remember seeing a picture last year of some mental looking controllers which were "supposed" to be the new PS3 ones., now im thinking that either they skimped on cost by using all that extra stock of PS2 controller casings to a adapt into a PS3 ones "or" they've decided to keep the original design of the controllers so that people are falimiar with it and it makes it feel more like a "playstation"?.,

Either way i find them a little uncomfortable to use and the travel of the trigger is very limited too., does anyone else find this to be a problem.,?

The controller is awkward to use to start with, I've got so used to XBox pads that the change was initially hard to get used to. Its not to bad now, but I'm sure an aftermarket company will develope something else.

How can you judge F1 on video footage?:confused:

Or are you worried that you'll lose your Xbox fanboy status and upset Custard;) :D

For starters the game is not smooth, the cars move unrealistically. In an F1 game on a super console I would expect perfection and it's just like all the other EA sports F1 games but with fancy graphics. I was looking forward to that game :rolleyes: A video me shows both those nuances, no need to even play it to get that. I don't care how it plays after seeing how crap it moves.

lol, at upsetting Custard :D

But I am sorry to dissapoint, it's much deaper than that, I don't feel like making a mistake again :D

For starters the game is not smooth, the cars move unrealistically. In an F1 game on a super console I would expect perfection and it's just like all the other EA sports F1 games but with fancy graphics. I was looking forward to that game :rolleyes: A video me shows both those nuances, no need to even play it to get that. I don't care how it plays after seeing how crap it moves.

lol, at upsetting Custard :D

But I am sorry to dissapoint, it's much deaper than that, I don't feel like making a mistake again :D

What was your 1st mistake??? Look if it was sleeping with that Thai Ladyboy, I won't tell no one. Honest, Aaaah ****, sorry.:D:D

Did you get any other games ahem "Free" that I don't have that you might want to pass on at a fee;)

I have already,,

Motorstorm- Really growing on me this one.
Formula 1 - Love this game.
R,FoM - Average shooter
CoD3 - Despite the bugs, pretty good, feels rushed.
Ridge R 7 - Better than the 360 version, way better.

So if you wanna pass any on at a price, PM me.

Last edited:
Back