Technical Induction Kit For Punto Sporting

Currently reading:
Technical Induction Kit For Punto Sporting

paulgreenhalgh

[font=Imp<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font size="6"></font id="size6">act][/font=Impact]

Hey everyone.

I just started on the forum, as i have a question which doesn't seem answerable! [V]

I have a Punto Sporting 16v Sreg, I've just had a rear spoiler with light put on, and had the whole car de-locked and resprayed (as we all know the punto paint is somewhat allergic to the sun!! ;))

My question is this, I am interested in buying an induction kit to beef up throttle response and the sound. I need to however know the dimensions of the throttle body in the engine compartment before I buy one. I have took off the air filtler and cannot find where the throttle body is?!?!

Any ideas?????

Paul Greenhalgh

Why not just buy an induction kit to fit your car? Go into any K&N or Pipercross dealer and ask them to order you the specific kit for the Sporting!

I've got an induction kit for the sporting that I bought almost a year ago...and just haven;t been arsed to fit it yet.

Just make sure that they order for the 16v Sporting...I had problems with them ordering the wrong one.

Drive it like you stole it!

The truth is mate, theres an induction kit for sale on ebay, and says its to fit any mpi Fiat, I e-mailed the seller and questioned that, and he asked me to measure the diameter of the throttle body in my engine, can't find it, and I needed the dimensions before I put a bid in!

Is there any chance of you looking in the instructions for me pal to get the measurements of your induction kit??!!!;)

Paul Greenhalgh

ive got a pipercross induction kit and it does sound mint! i was looking at the 57i but went with pipercross, it all depends on how many ready's u got really

I'll try and dig it out tonight to see if it says on it.

that sounds dodgy though. Are you sure its not just a replacement filter that goes in the airbox that he's selling? whats the url of the ebay auction?

The Auction is ended now...so it looks like you might be out of luck.

For the £55 he's asking you are as well paying the extra £20 odd to get a genuine K&N induction kit that is made specifically for the Sporting.

I had a look at my kit last night for you and there is nothing to indicate the size of the throttle body.

But in the kit you get everything you need to fit it properly as well as a cold air hose which you feed from the front of the car to the filter.

What you get:
  • 3 Hose Clips
  • 1 Metal Tube
  • Flexible Hose
  • 1 rubber intake hose
  • 1 rubber breather hose
  • 3 ties
  • Fitting Instructions
  • Sticker

And it is guaranteed to fit and function properly.

Personally I'd order one from a K&N dealer rather than run the risk of shelling out £55 notes for somethign that might not fit/work.

Thanx for looking mate. The make of induction kit hes selling is a T.I.G?, says there £100 new. No-one won the bid n he says hes gonna re-auction it, but I can buy it straight off him for £45. Good deal?

I've seen brand new induction kits for my car going for £52! So might just be worth getting one of them, unless this T.I.G make is really good? Personally never heard of them?!

Theres only one lane....

Well...fitted it today myself. really easy, just involved some strength to remove the old Air filter fittings.

Only took 30 mins, and I am by no means an expert when it comes to cars!

And it sounds amazing! I've been driving around with a big smile on my face since I put it in!

There is also an increase in power already, although I have still to fit the cold air hose...go figure!?!

I'll get pics soon, although there ain't much to see. I've also put the resonator back on, just to make the engine bay look a bit nicer again!

But I'm well happy!

www.Mobz.2U.co.uk
Logos, Ringtones and FREE phones.

Ive got a punto sporting mk2, and i went for the KN57i kit from K and N filter company, the kit included the filter and bits and bobs to hold the filter in place, also a cold air feed from the hole above the reg plate into the engine compartment. It cost me about £70 well worth the money, i recommend this as it gave me instant increase in power and also throttle response. also the roar when u put ur foot down as the throttle opens. the only downside from installing an induction kit is that especaily the sporting the car gets a bit twitchy and can require more skill to drive smoothly in stop and start traffic.

I have had to buy 2 of these kits because 1 unfortunatley fell off when i was driving :( i didnt quite tighten the filter on properly.

Anyway the part number u want if ur going to fit it onto a Punto Sporting 1.2 16v anything after Oct'99 is : 57-0381

Just ask any local K and N dealer they will find that part number in there catalogue.

Mr T

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Anyway the part number u want if ur going to fit it onto a Punto Sporting 1.2 16v anything after Oct'99 is : 57-0381
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

And the part number for Punto Sporting 1.2 16v anythign before Oct '99 is : 57-020

The K&N 57i Induction kit gets my vote...a real meaty growl. A sponge filter like Pipercross will give you a deeper lower noise.

www.Mobz.2U.co.uk

Nae bother!

One thing...the part number is actually 57-0200.

I missed an 0!

Doh!

www.Mobz.2U.co.uk

Back