General Location of wiring for central locking

Currently reading:
General Location of wiring for central locking

Capt T

1997 petrol el

My remote locking system has never worked because the batteries in the remote last about 24 hours before going flat.
I was delighted to see a solution on ebay with a wireless conversion kit which links into the door lock and makes the lights flash when closed etc etc.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CRUZE-A-ROO-UK bargain:rolleyes: at £22-99.

It looks the part with diagrams etc and tells you to locate the "Common " "Uplock" and " Downlock" wires to which you connect the appropriate new wiring. Using the passenger door for convenience i removed all the trim and found, going to the lock, 6 wires with no numbers or code on them 4 green and 2 white.I have a techical manual on cd but cannot relate what i saw to the diagrams within. Anyone got any tips for sorting it out?
Tks

If anyone out there is interested I located the wiring loom in the passenger footwell behind the air duct that connects to the door.Three screws to remove. Then remove loom protector by pulling up and out.braided loom now on show. For ease unscrew the door to frame electrical connections and pull into cab.Work your way into the loom and with LARGE magnifying glass detect orange wire 6292 (Unlock) and orange 6293 (lock) plus green M6292
common.Link onto theseas per instructions with kit. Use a local earth connection as required by instructions.There are three body earths nearby.

Remove fuse panel protector behind glove box and use mini spade connector in spare fuse slot to give power connection No 10 is spare on my car.

Slacken lower dash screw on edge close to bottom of dash and remove flip out inspection panel that bears against closed door. Insert remote unit up under dash into cavity revealed by inspection panel removal. I jammed unit in place with foam.

Test unit. If dead check you have the up and down lock wires on the correct wires.

Reassemble everthing.:(

Spend next half hour locking and unlocking car from backgarden, next door, 500 yds down the road etc.:D

There are more connections in the kit to give you horn blip and flashing lights but by the time I had finished the above I had had enough.
Still nice to have a remote working...:)

Well no-one else has mentioned it but I'm certainly impressed by your persistence! :)

Back