General Lancia Y10

Currently reading:
General Lancia Y10

jecs101

after several years of refusing to die, my '89 Bella has finally given up the ghost. her replacement is an '88 Lancia Y10 Fire LX in need of some work. does anyone know what mechanical parts are interchangable? i know most of the front suspension is but have heard the rear is different. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Had loads of those Y10's - has same rear suspension as the later Pandas - 'Omega' rear beam, but the front struts, etc are different to Panda, doors are unique to the Y10 too - and a pain to find in rust-free condition, but if anyone has any, it'll be Nyssa on the Y10 forum.

I know a bit about them. I have 2 turbo engine and boxes in my garage and various bits in my students flat;) I think i left my wallet on top of the intercooler. The floorpan and bulkhead are pretty much identical with detail differences. Like theirs a load limiting thing on the rear brakes Pandas dont have and the steering rack is mounted lower affecting the strut design as MadMalx said. Just cos i not posted a pic in ages heres my lovely Panda on the isle of Mull three miles from the nearest road and with a cracked exhaust to show for it :eek: Oh and if the high miler comp is still going its 159,000 on the clock now. Im very proud of it :)

Attachments

• Picture 060.jpg
    Picture 060.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Last weekend :) The clouds tell their own story but was great fun. Went with 3 other students, 2 american girls and a German lad. Felt like a civic responsiblity to introduce Americans to Pandas. And if you ever go again the bunkhouse in Dervaig is amazing! Pic taken here at the marked chapel by the beach................

Attachments

• map.gif
    map.gif
    134 KB · Views: 26
Back