Styling Spring question.

Currently reading:
Styling Spring question.

This may seem like a real dumb question....and I will accept all smarty pants comments, but I got my Koni springs through today...and they look huge, really long compared to the ones fitted.

Also if anyone can give me a walkthrough of chaning the springs it would be most welcome. I refuse to believe that it takes a garage 5 hours to change the 4 springs, so I might have a stab at it myself.

I bought Eibach for mine, on first inspection they were definitely shorter than the originals but the gauge of the steel was thicker, I had mine fitted at my mates garage, he did the front, you need a spring compressing tool for fronts, I did the rears, in the time I fitted the rears (40 mins) he had done the fronts, cost me the price of a few drinks, £20.

Hope this helps!

Hi Chris I snapped a spring on my Stilo Abarth last week and with the right equipment it should take about half to three quarters of an hour per spring.
I dont know if your local Fiat dealer is a theiving rip off merchant like mine but you are much better off finding a reputable local back street garage to do it like I did, £43.00 for spring and £30.00 labour.
Hope this helps
Craig

The Koni's are definately longer than the stock ones. I'm not going to bother with a garage, I'll just buy some compressors.

Wait until they come off the Stilo,,, they are so long compared with your new ones. I couldn't believe my Eibachs were about 30% shorter than stock.

You need to contact midlandfiat (Dudley) for a price. PM them.

I'll whack this question in here rather than starting a new thread.

Basically wondering if everyone who has fitted lowering springs have gone on to inform their insurance of this change? I fitted mine a couple of days ago, but didn't even consider how it could affect the insurance policy side of things. I'm guessing most people simply don't mention it? To be honest, would they even notice?

Basically wondering if everyone who has fitted lowering springs have gone on to inform their insurance of this change? I fitted mine a couple of days ago, but didn't even consider how it could affect the insurance policy side of things. I'm guessing most people simply don't mention it? To be honest, would they even notice?

It's awlays worth telling your insurers of any modification you make to a car. You could find that it voids your insurance if you were to ever make a claim on a car that you have altered and not declared.

I'd tell them matey.

It got me an extra 56 quid on my policy.

£56!!!??? Ouch! I guess you must be paying more than me to start with because that would be a 20% increase for me!:eek:

Back