Technical Air Con Cut Off??

Currently reading:
Technical Air Con Cut Off??

tazztham

Hi there,

My ride is a Marea Weekend JTD105 year 2000. Recently, d air compressor was faulty and found out to be the internal control valve was bad.

After fixing it, the air con system runs well. However, there is a on and off problem. Sometimes, when the weather is really hot and get jam up in traffic, the ECU will cut off the air con compressor clutch. It will resume after about 15min.

I sent back to the workshop and had the pressure checked. Seems normal with 3bar on low side and 17bar on high side. i understand the ECU control all the logic on air con.

What possiblity when the ECU will cut off the compressor? it is too high pressure at high side? compressor overheated? over charged gas? too much lub oil?

Anyone can share? Thank you.

hi there,

again, my air con compressor cut off for a while when stuck in jam or idling after a long period. when it happens, the air con clutch will disengage and both radiator cooling fan will be off.

what could be the possiblity that air con control unit cut off the compresssor? it is over pressure or freeze up at the expansion valve?

anyone got tip?

thanks.

if both fans stop working it is not good, you could overheat the engine. there must be a fault. i would check the relay in front of the battery tray. maybe it is overheating.

Hello guys, a newbie in the forum.Well in this one :) In the bulgarian fiat forum I am a member for quite a while.
So I am an owner of a 1.8 16V Marea SW bi-fuel - benzin and LPG
Since the last september I have not used the AIRCON, and couple of days ago I tried to start it and as I have memories from the last year when pressing the buton I was hearing the compressor starting to work but now I hear nothing and the aircon did not start.Any suggestions?Is it possible if it is out of the FREON gas the compressor would not turn on?Is there a sensor or a pick up to prevent the compressor from working if there is no FREAON gas in the system
Thank you in advance

M.K.

you really must use the A/C at least once a month even in winter. if you dont it will accumulate bacteria and lose pressure. it seems your A/C has lost enough pressure to prevent it switching on. get the freon topped up and it should start working again. (y)

you really must use the A/C at least once a month even in winter. if you dont it will accumulate bacteria and lose pressure. it seems your A/C has lost enough pressure to prevent it switching on. get the freon topped up and it should start working again. (y)

Thanx a lot JUG, I will do that in the coming days - thak you for the answer and for the help.
(y)

Back