General Part number .. help needed !

Currently reading:
General Part number .. help needed !

Berkshire Paddy

Hi There I need help with getting a part number on the back of the clocks in my intrument cluster.

Do I have to take this to a garage and pay for the labour to get it taken out and back in ( there is not a hope of me being able to do it.. im way to blonde )

Or is this part number the same on each model ? I have:

1999 V Reg Brava 100 HSX 1.6 16v

Can anyone help ? Im going to get this fixed and then thinkn of selling the brava and getting a 206 instead. I have done a lot to keep the car in tip top shape in the past six weeks Iv got a new power sterring pump, new brake pads, full service and now getting this done. Considering the low mileage on the car for the year i didnt think id have to spent that amount on it when I bought it ( 59,000) :( even though i love the car and it seems to be driving fine and its a pleasure to drive.

ANYWAY ! sorry bout the rant back to the original question .. part number for clocks in Intrusment cluster ?

Many thanks
Paddy

There seem to be many many different ones in the parts dvd, you could take them out yourself, then get number phone scrapyards and get a replacment and have it all fixed for under £80. Going on the fact that a new set is nearly £500.

Hi mate,

yea thats what I need the number for, I have sourced a replacement for £50 inc delivery, but the breakers want the part number of my current one , I am totally and utterly clueless on how to do it though.. may as well be asking the pope to perfom a civil partnership !!!!

paddy

it is really really easy to remove the instrument panel. no seriously its really easy. my mother could do it one handed.

plus, you only have to worry about 3 things when buying a second hand one. the top speed on the speedo?
digital display included?
rev counter included?

since you have a 99 HSX i know you need one that has 140mph top speed, a digital display, and a rev counter. as long as you get one with all 3 you cant go wrong. any 1999-2001 (mk2) 16v model will do as a donor.

£50 is a fortune, at your local scrapyard it would cost £20 max. its such a quick and easy job that even the blondest blond on earth could do it no problem. dont be scared, get your wellies on and go scrapyard hunting. any big scrapyard will have a mk2 marea, brava or bravo you can take the part from.

remember that the milage will be different to yours, and to get this corrected it will cost another £20+ to have a mobile milage correction monkey visit you.

Last edited:
Back