Technical engine idles irratically and lacks power!

Currently reading:
Technical engine idles irratically and lacks power!

stonie0121

i have a fiat punto mk1, ran smoothly when first had but now come to a problem. my car will rev on its own and lacks power. the engine managment light doesnt come on and no fault is shown when put on a scanner. does/has anybody had this problem. does anyone no how to solve this problem i would be most grateful for any help because its really p*ssin me off now.[:(!]

It could be a number of things, from the air filter being clogged, the spark plugs could be worn out, or a vacuum leak at the inlet manifold. To expensive stuff like poor cylinder compression, incorrectly tensioned timing belt, or worn camshaft lobes.

Met Cognac 99 Brava 100 HSX,

welcome to the forum:)

common things on mk1 are lambda sensor, and coil packs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

to find air leak, get a tin of spray carbretta and fuel injector cleaner, spray it around the inlet manifold and throttle body, if the reves get higher you have found the leak;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

I have a similar problem.. on a Mk2 1.2 16V, it does funny things
when Idling... it never revs up.. it sort of revs down to 400-500rpm
and then back to 850ish ?
Not sure what is wrong yet...

Back