General Wiper jets not working on Bravo

Currently reading:
General Wiper jets not working on Bravo

engineer

I have a Bravo SX X-Reg

Yesterday the wiper jets decided not to work and the back one aswell...

I pull the button to squirt water, and all i hear is the noise, (noise, as in, its squirting) but no water squirts out. Same for the rear wiper also.

I have popped the bonnet, and checked the fluid, and even topped it back up to top, but still the same happens.

Any idea / Help ?

Thanks

would the rear pipe be the reason why my jets are not working?

Where is the rear pipe located ?

The rear pipe is located behind the boot lock cover. If you lift your boot up you will see 4 philips screws holding this panel on. Remove them and then gently unclip the plastic cover. Underneith you will see the wash/wipe motor and washer pipe. If the pipe has popped off you will need to remove the wipe blade (1x8mm bolt iirc) and then remove the motor (3x5mm allen key iirc). Once you have done that you will be able to lower the motor out and then reattach the pipe to the housing.

As for the front washers. Pop the bonnet, unclip the popped that holds the engine heat cover to the underside of the bonnet (clip closest to the driver's side washer). They get your hands in there and disconnect the coming in from the engine bay (disconnect it engine side of the non-return valve) and then try blowing as hard as you can through the nozzle of the non-return valve. If you can got pressurise it enough to even get the slightest bit of water/air out of the washer jets then I would say that the valve needs replacing (£1.50 from your local motor factors).

The rear non-return valve could have done the same. If it has then you will need to unbolt the fuse box (passenger side engine bay) and then pull the bulkhead covering down to get your hand in behind it. You will see a white pipe that joins into a black pipe with the non-return valve.

Last edited:
Back