General Change bulb on Ducato van

Currently reading:
General Change bulb on Ducato van

Poo

Hi

I am posting on behalf of my partner, who has a Fiat Ducato 11 JTD 2003 van. He has a headlight bulb out, but cannot see how to change it. I am trying to loacte a manual for the van, but wondered if anyone could offer any assistance, or any contacts for getting hold of a manual.

Thanks in advance

Nicki

I have just re-placed the passenger side headlight bulb on my 55 plate Ducato van. What a pain in the neck for a bulb :mad:

Pop the bonnet (dur!!!) and remove the grill at the front (the one with tha Fiat badge on it) by removing the four screws at the top of it.

Remove the cable from the back of the headlight by sliding the grey collar to one side and the cable fitting should pull out. Then remove the headlight by removing the two cross-head screw bolts from the headlight ( these will be a bit tight so use a spanner, take care to remember the position of the screws so they can be replaced in the same position). The headlight is held in position in the corner by a ball and socket joint, with a little gentle pesuasion it will pop out.

On removale of the headlight( do this on a level and flat surface as not to drop the headlight),you will see on the back of it, there are two metal fasteners, pull/lift the fasteners towards the outside edge of the light, the rear cover can now be removed.

Inside you will see the rear of the bulbs, gently pull off the electrical conection to the bulb you want to replace, un-clip the metal fastener holding the bulb in place (normaly push down and across). The broken bulb can now be removed and disposed of. Take the new bulb (ensuring not to touch the glass as it will break it and you will spend a fortune on bulbs) and place it in the same position as the last bulb, re-clip the fasteners onto the bulb, re-connect the electrical connection and replace the back plate and pop the metal fasteners back into position.

Follow the directions in reverse for reinstalation.

It seems a little long winded, but the whole process took around 10 mins.

I thought I would have a stab at writing this as I didn't find any other answer my self and thought it may help some one.

Back