Technical Rear Window Washers !

Currently reading:
Technical Rear Window Washers !

jonesman9

I only actually found out TODAY after reading this forum that my MK1 1999 punto has them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( OWNED IT 3 YEARS lol lol )

They dont work though , NOW i know that the front 1's , you have to get under the wing .......as my filter was blocked. ( my mate did it when he fixed my clutch ! )

BUT ARE THE REAR 1'S LINKED ??? OR IS IT SEPERATE...DOES IT NEED A SIMPLE RE-FILL ???

** thanks Guys n Gals , i know these are really EASY Questions but only if you know the answer lol !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Both of them are linked to the same system, the rear nozzle could be blocked by dirt though try useing a needle, but if it hasnt been used in 3 year's the water might take a little while to get to the rear of the car, you do know how to make the rear washer work dont you?

lol yes thats about all i do know !

i will try the needle thing , is there a filter also like the front 1's?

They are on the same pump.

The hoses can easily become detatched, mine have done this twice...normally in the winter months, when cold they will pop off.
Both times on mine the break in the line has been inside the tailgate.
So look for any water coming out where it shouldn't be, especially on the corner of the tailgate.

(*whispers*....push the stick backwards to get the water to come out (y) lol )

They are on the same pump.

The hoses can easily become detatched, mine have done this twice...normally in the winter months, when cold they will pop off.
Both times on mine the break in the line has been inside the tailgate.
So look for any water coming out where it shouldn't be, especially on the corner of the tailgate.

(*whispers*....push the stick backwards to get the water to come out (y) lol )

yeh,the hose had fallen off at the rear window wiper motor on mine

had to remove the boot card from the inside of the bootlid to get accessa nd push back on.

nice1 peeps , will do ALL OF THE ABOVE when it's not P*** it down outside !!!!

i came up with a sneaky in this area...

my rear washer motor was dying... or so it seemed. It was going to fail mot and they recommended replacement. So I dismantled and figured its only the metal shaft sezing inside the plastic bearing thing... some wd40 and a hack saw used to open a groove (not all the way round!) about half way along the plastic bearing - inject wd40 in while running the motor attached to the wiring at the tailgate, 10 mins later an oily but fully functional unseized wiper motor... well chuffed! try that one before forking out for a new un!

Back