Technical Cracked bumper repair ?

Currently reading:
Technical Cracked bumper repair ?

rickio01

I have recently just bought some aftermarket front and back bumpers from this guy on ebay. He says the back bumpers cracked and needs repair and can be done if you know what your doing... Well i dont know what im doing :) so how would i go about repairing the crack in the back bumper? Any help would be great thanks (y) .

I have recently just bought some aftermarket front and back bumpers from this guy on ebay. He says the back bumpers cracked and needs repair and can be done if you know what your doing... Well i dont know what im doing :) so how would i go about repairing the crack in the back bumper? Any help would be great thanks (y) .

I would suggest bodyshop for this question as thats where all the experts hang out for cross model stuff like this! (y)

is the bumper fibreglass or plastic?

if its fibreglass the use some fibreglass mat on the back of the crack, and once set use filler on the front that is carefully sanded to perfection.

if its plastic dissolve some abs plastic chips in acetone (make your own chips with a mudflap or similar, anything that dissolves in acetone will do), this makes a nice plastic glue that you can apply to the back of the crack, and then use filler on the front same as with a fibreglass bumper.

hmm.. wel if its a large hole or crask i would agree wit hthe above,

but i repaired thehole / dent left in a 206 rear bumper with P38. and some fibreglass on the rear for more strength.

merely apply a coat or two of Fibreglass to the rear (if plastic then melt a sheet of plastic in) and then use P38 on the rest to smooth it in to its origional contours :)

using various grades of S/paper.

then go get it colour coded.

Back