Oil and Filter Change

Currently reading:
Oil and Filter Change

topcat5

Established member
Just bought my 2001 Doblo. An oil and filter change was part of the deal,I can't see the filter, but the oil after about 80 miles is coal black.
I haven't had a diesel before but doesn't it look like the oil and filter change has beeen "missed" :confused:

Oil in diesels always looks black even when changed.I was accused of not changing oil & filter in diesel once buy a customer who brought secondhand car from us.During a rather heated argument in the reception a collegue walked up with a copy of local newspaper which we had a double page feature in with loads pictures......& yep there was this a clear picture of this customers car up on ramp oil drainer underneath & me with old filter in my hand.......get it right up ya! LOL (never did apologise to me though)

Last edited:
Yup, the oil in my Tempra TD used to look clean for about 100 miles. The PH is more important than the amount of carbon in suspension, deseil oils are highly detergent to carry the particulate load.

Oil in diesels always looks black even when changed.I was accused of not changing oil & filter in diesel once buy a customer who brought secondhand car from us.During a rather heated argument in the reception a collegue walked up with a copy of local newspaper which we had a double page feature in with loads pictures......& yep there was this a clear picture of this customers car up on ramp oil drainer underneath & me with old filter in my hand.......get it right up ya! LOL (never did apologise to me though)

(y) Have to say a certain subaru dealer didnt change an oil filter when doing a full service on a second hand impreza turbo, how did we know, filter looked about 11months old.

a collegue walked up with a copy of local newspaper which we had a double page feature in with loads pictures......& yep there was this a clear picture of this customers car up on ramp oil drainer underneath & me with old filter in my hand.......get it right up ya! LOL

haha thats excellent!!

Back