General New Panda 100bhp road test

Currently reading:
General New Panda 100bhp road test

He seems to have completely misunderstood the point of speed humps but I thought his final comment just about summed it up.

honestjohn said:
I can’t work out why they gave it six gears though, because they’re all low. Even 6th only gives you 21mph per 1,000rpm. So it’s no motorway cruiser. And they’re all very close together, not just in ratio, but also in lever movement. It’s hard to feel the change of plane shifting from 4th to 5th, though, strangely, much easier to slot from 5th to 4th, or 6th to 4th for that matter.
so it revs at about 3300 at 70mph, 6th gear? seems fine, the tub is at 3500rpm in fifth....as for gear change....learn....
honestjohn said:
It hates speed bumps. Can’t cope with them at all. Too narrow to straddle metre-wide speed cushions. And crashes badly over street wide flat-tops at anything more than 20mph.
dont all small cars, as well as being damaged at 20mph!!
honestjohn said:
And while you get such goodies as air-conditioning, FIAT doesn’t dig deep enough to give you tumble folding back seats. The backrests flop down onto the squabs and that’s it.
now that is intresting, and a good point, even the most basic uno will fold down and up against the front seats to give more loads room

The final verdict isn't so bad though.

Agree about the seats - I noticed that. Never mind, its not that often this lack of feature will be noticed by me.

Interesting options list at the end of the article :)

Back