General Rear Passenger Side Rattle!?!?!

Currently reading:
General Rear Passenger Side Rattle!?!?!

cholmes0305

Hi

The problem I have is a scraping, rattling noise coming from the rear of the car on the passenger side. It seems to happen mostly when I first set off in the car on Left Turns. At first I thought it must be the wheel catching somewhere but even after putting in spacers the noise is still there.

There was also a broken spring along from the rear passenger side wheel, which I think is for some sort of weight distribution. There doesn't seem to be one on the opposite side though... Anyway, I replaced this spring with one from another Uno and yet the Noise continues to annoy me.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it might be?

Thank You

Cholmes0305

The little spring's for the rear brake compensator.
I'd jack the car up at the rear (blocks on the front wheels)take the hand brake off and rotate the rear wheel/take the wheel off and rotate the hub. See if the noise happens then. Could be the rear brake or hub.

I know it's a long shot, but a common problem on unos, pop the top off of the rear shock and check that the mount hasn't worn through, mine went on the other side a couple of weeks ago and it was rattling like hell

OK.

Symptoms:
1. Only when accelerating.
2. Doesn't really rely on speed or gear.
3. Feels like the rear left wheel hub and brake drum is shattering to pieces.
4. Only on left turns.

Combine 1 and 4 and get 3.

I know these symptoms. It's your exhaust. Try kicking it and it'll smash into the spare wheel bay and your fuel tank.

Morten.

abarth wheels & steering. ia lowered. pg audio. refurnish.

projects: air intake. (used) seats. exhaust-repair. legal tint.

Back