General Punto 55S internal reading light & boot light not working - fuse?

Currently reading:
General Punto 55S internal reading light & boot light not working - fuse?

dvdfever

After checking the manual and getting some fuses of various types, my internal reading light doesn't come on either when pressed, or when the car door is opened. Also, the boot light doesn't come on either.

I'm not sure if this is a fuse as the manual for my Punto 55S says this relates to the cig lighter fuse, but the radio works fine. I took the fuse out and replaced it but no change (and had a bit of a fright when I thought I'd killed the radio as a result, but in the end it had just switched it off, even though it was on last time it was plugged in - and it reset all the settings. hmph! :) )

I've also got a couple of small bulbs in the set I bought with both fuses & bulbs in it, but am not sure how I'd change the internal reading light if it turned out to be a bulb.

Thanks in advance.

Check the bulbs and if there alright then just check all the fuses one by one.,., could also be a break in the wire., is the any aftermarket stuff wired in? like alarms, stereos, handsfree kits etc.,.,.,

are you sure you have a boot light? i didnt think the s has one
I have a Punto 55s (P Plate) and there is no boot light in it.

As for the interior light check the connection and the bulb. When mine went first time is was because it needed a new bulb and second time the connectors came loose. The clear lens on the light just pops out with a flat screwdriver / penknife. Just change the bulb and see what happens.

I have a Punto 55s (P Plate) and there is no boot light in it.

As for the interior light check the connection and the bulb. When mine went first time is was because it needed a new bulb and second time the connectors came loose. The clear lens on the light just pops out with a flat screwdriver / penknife. Just change the bulb and see what happens.

Didn't realise about the lack of boot light. That would explain that :)

I'll try to pop out the lens on the interior light shortly. However, the lighting up of the clock radio went at the same time so if it's dark I can't see the radio station I'm on (although I can tell from the type of music and most of the time I listen to my MP3 player anyway), which makes me think it's a fuse, or is there something else that might've gone at the same time?

Thanks for the replies. As suggested by smokeyjoe03, I popped out the light lens, changed the bulb and all was fine.

With regard to the radio problem, where the display is no longer lit up but other buttons on it are, is that a problem within the radio itself? It's quite a few years old and it's not the kind of thing that's really repairable since if I opened it up it would most likely fall apart :)

Thanks again.

yeah most likely the radio rather than the car..,

Thanks for your reply. What made me link the two was that they both happened at around the same time, and then I assumed I had a boot light problem (not so, since I now know there isn't on there anyway). D'oh :)

Back