General Clutch problem? Gearbox...

Currently reading:
General Clutch problem? Gearbox...

Sovereign

Hello,
I have a Punto from 2002. 1.2 16V

I guess my clutch pedal is a little difficult to push compared to other cars.
I drive often a Corsa and also a new Opel Astra and their pedal clutch is more easy to use.

Is something normal to Fiat Punto or i should worrie?
Also, somethimes my gear box is not workin' to well. Is pretty difficult to fit the gear change (is workin' smooth but i need some skill to fit gears).
When i drive in reverse. i hear a little strange sound at low rotations.If i speed up in revers, the sound dissapear.

I have no other punto to make comparissions, and i really apreciate some help.

Scuse my pour english.. i'm not to good at it.

Sounds fairly similar to the problems I have been having. Both Fiat and an independent garage reckon I need a new clutch.

i knw i dont know much about car mechanics but i have heard from my father in law who worked for jag, your clutch is probably only hard to press because the springs are more stiff than other clutches tht are in other cars u use and this can result in finding gears harder apparently.

Dont quote me

Hope it may have helped in anyway

Both the cars you mentioned have very light clutch pedals compared to most cars so i think your just re-ajusting to the normal, i wouldnt worry about it,..

Time to change clutch when it starts slipping or when it dosnt de-clutch.

The noise you hear at speeds could very well be ur clutch.
Altho i had this noise in 3rd gear for a long time, turned out my new gearbox had been fitted incorrectly and was slowly chewing itself appart so get it checked.

Back