Styling Dash Switch Illumination

Currently reading:
Styling Dash Switch Illumination

arseofbox

Principality Retained :)
Any idea how many dash switches are illuminated by LEDs and which are bulbs?..

Ive managed to kill the LED for my sidelight switch (probably connected it in reverse[xx(][^]), so Im now fancying a Vee-dub stylee dash (red with bits of blue!).

Also, anyone managed to change the colour of the heater controls illumination??

Tom (AofB)

GrpN Catback Exhaust system is here...just need to get the bleeder on now!!

I was consideringchanging the colour of the heater control lights. In theory, it should work:D

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

HOw'd yu dismantle the heater bits then?

This is once they are removed from the dash using allen keys and screwdrivers

Tom (AofB)

GrpN Catback Exhaust system is here...just need to get the bleeder on now!!

Ah...Stanley knife is it??

I was trying with a small screwdriver ages ago, but stopped as was getting frightened of snapping it!

Erm, whatelse other than the green paint do yu take off, however inadvertantly!?

Tom (AofB)

GrpN Catback Exhaust system on...rattles like f**k, but very nice!!!

it's a sod of a job. What you will find is that the icon plate is clear, with black paint on 'outlining' the icons. Then, you have white paint over the clear icon spaces, and greem paint over the back of the white. You need to take off the green, but not black or white. Probably a lot easier to design your own custom icons and put it on OHP film.

Pete.
1242cc cinq,turbo cinq,Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group,Clubcento

Got some transparency film for the Shiftlight PCB.....may have to give that a go!

Tom (AofB)

Right, got the bits out of the caar and stripped them, partially destroying them in the process......

Just need to go and scan them in and give them a reet good seeing to!!

Tom (AofB)

i have changed the colour of all the switches to red with 3mm 2.5v leds. i used ultra brite ones to make them stand out more. i used a piece of red film to change the colour of the clock and as for the icons. well after cracking into the plastic i used the point of a craft knife and a pin to scratch off the green and white into the exact shape of the icon then used more red film behind the whole panel. it took a while but was worth it. will try to take a few pictures.

[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]Little Red Devil (L.R.D)[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

LRD....where'd yu get the film from?

Tom (AofB)

i had some left over window tint so i used a small piece of that but it should work if u used some acetate with colour printed on it or some colourd plastic from a craft shop. oh and tried to get a picture but its too dark for the full effect. but got pics of the switches.

[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]Little Red Devil (L.R.D)[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

Ah I see....might have to go a' huntin' later

Tom (AofB)

Back