Technical Erratic Idle

Currently reading:
Technical Erratic Idle

Jonah431

I have a problem with my 2000 Brava 100SX Auto. Intermitently the revs will stick at approx 2000rpm when I pull up to traffic lights or occcaisionally when I'm still moving then it just chugs along nicely, if you take it out of drive they shoot up. However, if you blip the throttle they will drop back to normal idle rpm. I have taken it to a FIAT garage, but sods law states it never happens when they have it! The all singing and dancing Diagnostics Machine finds nothing, has anyone had a similar problem is so please tell. I seen some articles reference the Idle control Valve (ICV). I have checked the throttle cable and it moves freely, Help

This problem can be caused by the accelerator potentiometer or the throttle body. I had this on mine and had both replaced. However, the diag machine usually comes up with the potentiometer issue and this one is an expensive one but doesnt neccesarily need replacing. Are you a competant mechanic who would like to have a try at fixing it? If so, email me at [email protected] and I will forward you the documentation on how to do it.

N

Fiat Bravo HGT155
Jagaur XJR-S 6.0 V12
http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk THE Fiat Bravo site

I drive a 2001 Brava 100 ELX Auto. Have the same problem as Jonah431. Alfanige, could you please email me instructions how to cope with the problem here. Jonah431, did you finally managed to fix the problem?

Back