General Hidden USB port

Currently reading:
General Hidden USB port

kevinb3510

does anyone know where the second usb port is on the grande punto???

Was hoping to use it for usb hard disk power

glovebox - top box in there - got 'microsoft' sticker on it - 2 sockets, one's for us to plug a usb stick/media player in - the others for servicing the unit by dealer.

glovebox - top box in there - got 'microsoft' sticker on it - 2 sockets, one's for us to plug a usb stick/media player in - the others for servicing the unit by dealer.

Interesting...What exactly would you use a usb stick in your car for?

i can see the main one with the rubber cover over it but cant seem to find the second 1 could ou be more specific

sounds like you've not got blue&me fitted to your car...
do you have a windows logo button on your steering wheel? left side bottom button below the mute/esc buttom?

found it now need to get a usb extension lead since hard disc cable wont reach both ports

If its like my Sporting the second USB port is hidden behind a black plastic blanking cap next to the Windows Logo. Just get your nail under the bottom of it and it pulls off.

can people list what hard discs there using and perhap any mp3 player. it's be good to have a seperate sticky to what works and what does not..

T or Dave??

Bought a Western Digital Passport 60GB Hard Disk, didn't work sadly, USB ports don't supply enough power. Works fine if u power it with an adpater, but looks messy having wires everywhere. Works fine with my 3rd gen ipod though.

usb mp3 players

Hi all

Just signed up to the forum after getting a grande sporting and was wondering why the usb port plays my memory stick music but when i plug my sony nw-a1200 8gb mp3 player it doesnt work and does not even recognise that its there????

Thanks

Re: usb mp3 players

Does anyone know of a list of compatable mp3 players for the usb connection???

Re: usb mp3 players

I use a kingston data traveler 2gb usb stick, no problems at all.
I am going to try a 60gb from a friend, and let you know if it works..

Hello all. Just a word of caution on the whole MP3 thing, which confused me until I got my answer on the forum (trying to find the thread but can't seem to find it) and that you need to make sure you MP3 library will be recognised by the car. I burned all my CDs with the Sony one that came with my player and it just kep on saying 'no media' found :mad: Anyway, burnt them again with Real Player and it works!

Forgot to add, have one of those small Sony Walkman MP3 players which works, just don't use the Sony supplied library.

Last edited:
Back