Technical mk2b sporting engine ideas?

Currently reading:
Technical mk2b sporting engine ideas?

what engine would fit in the mk2b with not much trouble??? like im looking at the coupe 16v turbo, as iv heard the 20v would not fit! just need some help, to get some info, and places i can ask for this. im looking at selling my car in july, due to me wanting more power, but i like this car and i dont want to sell it just because im greddy and want more power as i think overall the car is ace! im looking at spending 3k-4k tops, or its sell the car and use the 3-4k on top of the sale of mine on another car. numbers, names, advise is most welcome!

You'd be looking at a fair chunck to get a coop lump in there. It has been done, but I doubt on the friendly side of 3k. You're right about the 20v being a bitch to get in, but the 16v is no walk in the park either.

Do you really want to spend 3k on a car that unfortunately isnt worth that much? I bought my JTD for 2.5k, spent 300 quid on it, I'm happy, but if I want much more power, I know I'll need a new car.

true. its a lovely car, like it has lots of things in it which i like, and is comfy. if i go for another car, i would be looking at having basic things, poss window winders etc. looking at a corsa b with red top turbo engine, integra type r. something along those lines with a healthy 200bhp and nice amount of torque. but while i have a perfect car on the drive, seeing what i can do with it. to mod my engine would be great and have been told gains could be up to 160 bhp and woop hgt's arse's but i want something which would kill the likes of hgt's and corsa 1.8 sri's etc. just trying to work out poosibilties.

The price of your car and 3-4k would get you an s2000, scooby etc. If you drop a coup 16vt lump in it will be more front heavy than a hgt and a bitch to put the power down.

been having a big think while iv been at work. im going to save my money and get a starlet glanza v turbo. so i save money and have a faster car which i feel im goin to enjoy! and has more modding to do with it. im not into body kits, sounds, only engines mods, so i feel this will be better!

yea get a glanza or starlet gt , a mate has one and are fast as f**k and with some slight modification such as fmic boost control and mapped can see some very good gains , plus they are different dont see many of them about and have toyota reliability. they dont handle very well as standard so you will need to think about changing the suspension.

Back