Quick question about police and bacon!

Currently reading:
Quick question about police and bacon!

hey all :wave: just got back after quite a night out, come out the pub at about midnight, found everywhere was shut for food so we were forced to walk 2 mile to the shell 24 hour garage, in there we encountered 2 police officers, my mate thought it wise to shout "i smell bacon!" as did i so i joined in, after we spent around a tenner on food we sat outside eating and the policeman started saying they could have arretsted us!!!!! is that true?!

Of course they could,
there coppers, they can make sh*t up and do ya for that, and to be honest you'd probibly deserve it coz most people are giving out about police picking on them for nothing and you went looking for it,.,.lol

hey all :wave: just got back after quite a night out, come out the pub at about midnight, found everywhere was shut for food so we were forced to walk 2 mile to the shell 24 hour garage, in there we encountered 2 police officers, my mate thought it wise to shout "i smell bacon!" as did i so i joined in, after we spent around a tenner on food we sat outside eating and the policeman started saying they could have arretsted us!!!!! is that true?!

(n) :mad:
In all truthfulness, I think people who do this sort of thing and find it funny are either retarded or immature, or even both.

Your mate might be retarded, but I don't believe you are.

So grow up. Before you do something one day that will land you in so much trouble, you wont know which way to turn. :rolleyes:

Also, my brother is one. And he certainly doesn't smell of bacon, I assure you. And I don't think Alan D. or Jai do either.
:mad:

Last edited:
Personally if it was me your feet wouldn't have touched the ground, there are occasions where it may be fair to give critisism. What you were doing was just taking the **** for no reason what so ever.

seconded,

s91 criminal justice act 1967
s5 public order act 1986

take your pick, see how funny it is when the wicket closes on you for an allnighter in a cell that smells of vomit, **** and ****.

and alex.....disappointed......:(

Last edited:
It's a measure of how civil liberties are eroded here that the police can even think about arresting you for a bit of oblique verbal. I'm sure the members of the service on here have done some sociology and are aware that they can only work with the co-operation of the majority of the public. Being heavy handed with law abiding employed and tax paying young men is not going to achieve that so next time you wonder why people just stand and watch when you are outnumbered in a fight, think back to this sort of wasted opportunity to polish the badge.

It's a measure of how civil liberties are eroded here that the police can even think about arresting you for a bit of oblique verbal. I'm sure the members of the service on here have done some sociology and are aware that they can only work with the co-operation of the majority of the public. Being heavy handed with law abiding employed and tax paying young men is not going to achieve that so next time you wonder why people just stand and watch when you are outnumbered in a fight, think back to this sort of wasted opportunity to polish the badge.

Few people will agree with you on that, at all. The simple fact of the matter is that being an idiot towards police and not doing anything about it is just where it starts. Most would suggest that the 'errosion' of our communities has happened because the police are no longer able to 'rough up' an idiot that has such limit of wit.

Simple fact of the matter is that anybody that makes such lame comments towards the people upholding the law need a good talking to at the least, once you can get away with it, what else can you get away with.

This very post perfectly demonstrates any lack of judgement, common courtesy, common sense, basic human decency, and also shows up completely an inherently poor attitude that needs to be stamped out with the heaviest hand possible.

As to how you can say insulting anyone (let alone a representative of the law who has signed up to protect the idiotic likes of such people) is someone who is law abiding, is well beyond me.

By the way, you had better pray that the next time you need a police officer to come to you aid, he has not read this post or thread.

I still am left agog that such attitudes exist.

Shame on you and Alex. (n)

Just an addendum: I wrote this post without paying any particular notice as to who wrote it. Now that my attention is more focussed, I am even more surprised and saddened by the individual who has written it. :(

Last edited:

It's hardly eroding civil liberties, there have been various laws about insulting a police officers for decades. It is nothing new, what is new is the fact more people think it's funny to insult them for no reason. In fact in the old days you might have got a slap by the local bobby, but that can't happen now because of civil liberties.

Also I don't think it is a civil right to insult people for no reason.

Whilst it is true that the Police can only function with the cooperation of the public, that in no way means that it is somehow valid to abuse individual officers and they should take it to preserve support.

Even if one feels that the police deserve criticism, and personally I think they do. I think the headlong rush into automated policing using cameras and computer systems rather than the judgement of a human being will lead to decreased public support for the police as a whole. However this change of policing methods is hardly being driven by the officer with their feet planted firmly on the pavement. It seems to me that if you expect to be treated reasonably by individual officers, then it is no more than reasonable to treat them reasonably in return.

Lets face it society wouldn't function without an honest police force, and I don't think one could convincingly argue that the overwhelming majority of the police aren't honest and decent in the UK. Treat them like it.

seconded,

s91 criminal justice act 1967
s5 public order act 1986

take your pick, see how funny it is when the wicket closes on you for an allnighter in a cell that smells of vomit, **** and ****.

and alex.....disappointed......:(

Totally agree Jai, the Police have enough on their plate trying to keep law and order in a society that full of half wits with no respect for the law, and they are usually the first to be seeking Police help when things go wrong for them!:mad:

renegade, tell you what take the officers out of the situation, put your mum in there instead, i'm sure she doesnt mind being abused by a pair of drunken yobs for no reason other than she just happens to be there.

nor i am sure would you mind that absolutely nothing is done about it because hey, it "oblique verbal" so it doesnt matter, purely to prtect some fantastical notion of "civil liberties" you have floating around your head

read the legislation, and see its application,

well what i didnt mention was when we were getting food 1 of the coppers kept following us round to make sure we werent pinching anything, i think it was because my mate dresses like a bit of a charv, no excuse for that though, but we done it once we were outside and they were still inside, they didn't hear! it was more to ourselves as a laugh, still immature though

well what i didnt mention was

keep adding to the story alex.......
index051a.jpg

Back