General Punto Gt Fuel Tank Needed! Help!

Currently reading:
General Punto Gt Fuel Tank Needed! Help!

Nelly78

Hey all,

I after a bit of help finding a Punto GT fuel tank for a '98 R-reg. Its been sitting in my garage for nearly a year and i'm trying to get it back on the road. The engine is mint with only 40,000 miles from new and one owner!

To all you GT lovers, please help me in getting my little baby back on the road. If anyone knows where i can get one from, new or used, please let me know. Anywhere in south east would be a big help!!

Thanks

Nelly!

Its been known that some people with gt conversions use plastic tanks.

You could do this, you would also need the mounting brackets/straps.

Im down south east in Essex and could get 1 pretty easy from local salvage yard where are you located?

gt's have metal tanks for some reason.

as goldie reccomends, plastic tank from a lower model and the mounting hardware would be sub £20 (you'd need new bolts, and maybe make a new strap up by copying the old ones just to be safe, as they are quite fragile when removed).

i'm in surrey mate, looked at every scrapyard in England i think - looks like plastic one is the way forward, bit dubious though!!

Thanks to all for replying to me, getting hold of a metal tank for the GT is a nightmare!!! i ordered one last March and still no joy!! Regarding the plastic tanks, are they a pain in the arse to fit?? do i need to make any mods?? what other bits will i need to go with it?? and the most important one.....is it safe (will it melt and blow me up!!)???? Cheers guys!

Well ive know one person who has run his gt conversion for over 2 years on a plastic tank and hes running 200 bhp.

You could add more of a heat shield just to be safe.

You will need the mounting straps/brackets and the screw collar that holds in the pump, as on the metal gt tanks the pump is held in by a different collar and nuts.

Just remember you use a plastic tank at your own risk.

I would go down there if my punto is working. Trying phoning them 01277 841499. pretty big place. Called Nevendon South East Cars (NESC) If you not already phoned them.

Back