Styling Dials

Currently reading:
Styling Dials

Any way of fitting a rev counter (cheaply, from one from a scrappy for instance) to a cinq that doesn't currently have one? Are the connections there?

cinqmeister.JPG

CINQUECENTO DASHBOARD CLOCK WANTED - PLEASE PM ME

Its the same type (16F) of ECU in bothe the cars...so probably has a common architecture, so if yu can find what wire the pulse is send on in the Sporting, you could always put the wire in!

Nicely, Haynes chose to omit that one!

Tom (AofB)

GrpN Catback Exhaust system is here...just need to get the bleeder on now!!

The ECU is the fuel injection system's brain simple as. All Cinqs made from 1995 onwards use the Marelli Weber 16F ECU model of these, so If the ECU in the Sporting produces a pulse for a tacho, so will an ECU in an 899cc!.

But still, a lot of tachometers take a feed from the ignition coil..problem is, most 4 cyl engines use 1 coil for all the cylinders, but the Cinq nicely uses 2, so it (the system) produces half the number of pulses than a typical system.

Tom (AofB)

Well, I know that uses a 6F type ECU, which should be simialr... the wiring for both is identical..

Id have to find which wire is the coil pulse one..

Tom (AofB)

I use the old "engine noise is proportional to the number of RPM" method.

I.e. RPM = k*intensity of engine noise
Where K is an abitary constant which varies between cars

I would love a RPM counter but the complications of it far outweight the use of it IMO.

Best of luck however.

Paul

My first signiture (a lot of thought put into it): If you can't find the switch to switch your fogs off I am sure I can help you! Damn fogs.

Hmm, has it got a rev limiter or is that when the head gasket goes bang?

Tom (AofB)

Cut out? As in the engine turns off or the limiter kicks in? I've had mine up there before but it aint cut out, just goes bom bom bom bom bom bom bom etc... etc.... :) [xx(]

Matt

http://www.zen8627.zen.co.uk/Matt/

While most Cinqs are unreliable...mines just taking the pi55

Yeah...soft cut rev limiter I think...Wouldnt be much goot if the engine actually cut out would it?

Tom (AofB)

Back