Technical EOBD warning light flashing

Currently reading:
Technical EOBD warning light flashing

Gunny Bedford

Hi,

I hope everyone had a happy crimbo and will have a good night tonight !
Yesterday i decided to give my and my wifes cars a clean, so i moved my GP a few feet, left the radio on to listen and went about my chores like a good boy, approx 1 1/2 later when finished i realised that i had left the lights on my GP as well, and when trying to start it no go !!!!!!:bang: it was also flashing up various faults on the display like check steering wheel hydraulics. Anyway i got the AA out and they confirmed it was a low battery, WARNING THEN, ! THE GP BATTERY HAS NOT GOT MUCH SPARE CAPACITY IN IT !! but when it started up again the EOBD light kept flashing, the AA man connected up his "vixen" laptop computer which looked at the ECU etc and returned no fault codes present, however he could not clear the flashing light, the vehicle has also been taken for a few drives hoping that this would reset the system but no joy :mad: Can anyone advice ?? does it have to go back to the Garage ??

ta

Neil

it will be down to the ECU basically freaking out at seeing all the wrong voltages.
most likely it will take a few normal starts to clear the 'fault'
shouldnt be a problem so see how it is when the dealers re open

as for not much capacity,the cars battery is there ot start the car.
then the alternator supplies power.
the battery is not designed for constant drain and 1.5 hours with stereo and lights on is a long time especially with newer cars having so much electronics

Lights & radio left on wont help especially if battery wasn't fully charged beforehand.

As for the EM warning light I suggest getting the parameters reset and phonic wheel learn procedure carried out using examiner.

Sorry TI not being a mechanic that means F**** all to me :eek: However i will take your knowledge on board and if it has not cleared up in a few days, promptly walk in to my local Fiat dealer and sound all expert like !! ;)

My car has been murder of late for stuff like this, it keeps kangaroo hoping all over the joint, stalled it god knows how many times in past few weeks. Had to prove to the missus it wasnt me so I set the cruise control to a speed giving about 2000rpm which is where it gets worse, the car was kangarooing all the way down the motorway until it trashed the cruise control which would work again until the next day.

The other day I filled up with fuel, drove off and every light under the sun came on saying I had no fuel, everything had failed (air bag/brakes/etc) and no speedo! I often get "check engine" with engine management light on, seems osmething seriously wrong, needless to say I have it booked in to be fixed.

For everyone's interest, i took my GP to the dealers a few days ago and they fixed the problem in about an hour or so, apparently they had to re program the injectors ? does this make sense to you Ti ? anyway this seems to have done the trick all is hunky dory with no flashing orange light anymore.

Sounds right as each injector is individually coded to the ecu,I have seen this problem many times on fords.What made the ecu not recognise the injector(s) is different matter...keep us all up to date if you can ;)

Back