i fell like my fingers are going to fall off

Currently reading:
i fell like my fingers are going to fall off

eow, i had to dye my roots coz im going out tonight, could find any gloves, so i done it without, it was all fine till about 10 mins in when my fingers started this horrible throbbing, it felt like it was coming from the inside.

i looked at my hands an my nails have started splitting from the tip done to the bed, white lines running leanght ways, felt like needles were getting burried in deep under my nail bed,

i quickly washed my has, and ducked them in conditioner, but the pain was excrutianting sp, nothing was stopping, had to wait for it to go away,

now my fingers are tender and nails are damaged,
still feel them pulsing from my bones under neath,

please somebody learn from my mistake n dont do that!!!!! (n)

ive dont that - but i didnt attempt to dye my hair without the gloves, i have dont it when my head has been itchy and scratched it.

Its the amonia in the dye if it strips your hair of colour, then it wont do your skin much good
yeah is def the peroxidy part, full or ammonia, it turn your fingers white, but that doesnt hurt, this was unbearable, cant do my nail extensions now :cry:

Ooooowwwww. I've never not used gloves, but that's more because I use dark hair dye and don't want purple hands :eek: An antihistamine should help bring the swelling down (if it's quite widespread) or hydrocortisone cream (if it's just smaller areas) then plenty of moisturiser and nail oil :)

Ooooowwwww. I've never not used gloves, but that's more because I use dark hair dye and don't want purple hands :eek: An antihistamine should help bring the swelling down (if it's quite widespread) or hydrocortisone cream (if it's just smaller areas) then plenty of moisturiser and nail oil :)

thanks huni, thats good advice, (y) got it sorted now!!, nails are ok, but after the party i have HUGE blisters on my feet, i really should just go hide in a cupboard :bang: :p

Back