General Stilo 150 mjet - remap

Currently reading:
General Stilo 150 mjet - remap

Just had my Stilo 150 Mjet Sporting remapped by Angel - what a difference.....

What's impressed me most is how much more smoothly the car seems to drive in all gears. The 150 in standard form is pretty impressive, but cruising and overtaking now feels so smooth and effortless that you do have to keep a very close eye on the Speedo - and although its early days yet the MPG also appears to have improved as well.

Nigel came over to do the work, and I really cannot fault his professionalism, patience and attention to detail both before and after the work. I'm not here to blow their trumpet, I'm sure they don't need me to do that as their reputation is already well documented - I'm just giving credit where its due.

Ive informed my insurer of the mod too, which has added about £5 per month to my premium - so I dont think thats too bad given the difference its made to the car.

If you are considering a remap - my advice - make sure Angel are on your shortlist.

That thread was started by Dave_R Rob but Ian has decided to do so as well its a free world and his choice but could have got it done cheaper at a tuning day with F/F or other sites :)

"Having been reading the threads on mapping on here with a view to having my cars tuned, there maybe cheaper options, but some people, like myself, prefer their cars without engine warning lights, with ASR and ABS that work and not to have to take their cars back to have their mapping tweaked, when it should have been done correctly and tested the first time around, including a full diagnostic check and road testing.

In this world, you pay your money and you get what you pay for as some are finding out - I know where I am heading!"

Could'nt have put it better myself.....

Pay too little you 'could' lose everything - pay too much you only lose the difference....

Ferris said:
"Having been reading the threads on mapping on here with a view to having my cars tuned, there maybe cheaper options, but some people, like myself, prefer their cars without engine warning lights, with ASR and ABS that work and not to have to take their cars back to have their mapping tweaked, when it should have been done correctly and tested the first time around, including a full diagnostic check and road testing.

In this world, you pay your money and you get what you pay for as some are finding out - I know where I am heading!"

Ferris said:

This is Ferris first post and curiously it sounds like negative advertising, I wonder if this is some other people Alias who made it just to post this.

It look like :spam: (n)

Athos said:
This is Ferris first post and curiously it sounds like negative advertising, I wonder if this is some other people Alias who made it just to post this.

It look like :spam: (n)

I have pm'd the guy about it and didn't get a reply. Anyway both posters do not know what they are talking about. But Athos and PNL having second thoughts about it these and some other people people aren't realy worth responding to as they haven't been there and talk about subjects they do not even understand. They believe because they have done surfing on the net, spoken to some tuners and probably spent a bit of time at a RR they experts in the field. Just leave them to their 'expertise' and lets concentrate on the development.

Maybe it is spam, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, their capabilities of reading must be pretty poor.

Ferris said:

Yes you do get what you pay for and as proven by our RR at the tuning day, other such companies who claimed to have remapped certain cars to 155hp were only getting 144hp proven on the RR :rolleyes: .......so it that case your not getting as much as you paid for, like you said you pay your money and get what you pay for but sometimes not! And all the diesel's that were tuned on the day are absolutely fine and all got around 160hp ;) the only problem that exsisted was with induction on the abarth not the map, as this was the first time the product had been tested! But they are all getting sorted accordingly, i'd like to see what the other companie's tuned abarth are runing at! lol!

1.8Stilo said:
Yes you do get what you pay for and as proven by our RR at the tuning day, other such companies who claimed to have remapped certain cars to 155hp were only getting 144hp proven on the RR :rolleyes: .......so it that case your not getting as much as you paid for, like you said you pay your money and get what you pay for but sometimes not! And all the diesel's that were tuned on the day are absolutely fine and all got around 160hp ;) the only problem that exsisted was with induction on the abarth not the map, as this was the first time the product had been tested! But they are all getting sorted accordingly, i'd like to see what the other companie's tuned abarth are runing at! lol!

Looks like my JTD has been mentioned so let's add my opinion. I don't care who tunes my car as long as they offer the following.

1. Backup if something goes wrong
2. The right advice around choosing a re-map.

I am satisfied that after 14 months and 2 re-maps later my clutch is fine. If this is a result of having 144 BHP as opposed to 155 then brilliant. Angel have offered brilliant advice and a second re-map free of charge. I have also witnessed what happened on the rolling road day and can see both of my concerns are well catered for with GSR and Chipped UK.

Regardless of any forum you get the Fanboys who claim theirs is best and yours is shoite!! Who gives a fcuk about it, it's your money and you take your pick. Don't listen to the fanboys, talk to the experts. :)

That's my tuppenceworth anyway.

1.8Stilo said:
totally agree with you bozzy! I was more reffering to Ferris negative advertising, that got to me!

Didn't even see it Rob, guys, don't let it bother you and Ferris, I happen to agree with some of your points but why the anonymity? Progress as we all know takes time and it takes some pioneering indiviuals to push the boundaries. Remember the addage "nothing ventured, nothing gained".

i dont know much about Angel's products but i do know they were expensive for a 17 (quoted!) bhp increase and yes, they dont have warning lights but do you think they had a perfect map first time? think again...

I am thrilled to bits with the results of Pete's remap and induction, yes i am getting warnings, which is getting annoying. but thats all - annoyance! and it soon goes when i put my foot down ;)

like bozzy said, you pays yer money and you takes yer choice! but also a fool and his money are easily parted!

Pete - i look forward to the tweak to the maps, hopefully they should be even better! - ive posted on Pistonheads in the alfa/fiat forum about the maps(y)

I am also completely 100% happy with my remap. The 2 guys at chippeduk.com were very helpfull and interested in what we were doing and offered all sorts of advice, and to work as late as they did just to help us out was a testiment to them (y) .

Pete gsr was also very knowledgeable in his field and proved that by gaining serious horse power just by using his very simple induction kit, and it looks the part too. He has given all us who attended bromsgrove alot of advice and Hp, and will always provide good support.

I'm especially happy knowing that i have got the only yellow gsr induction kit in the world, and very happy with how it sounds (y)

Sorry, but had to give my tuppence worth too.

Glad to see you have done so guys yes Rome wasn't built in a day and restassured all will be corrected Peter wouldn't allow it not to be that way he is a businessman who in his own right SHOULD be a millionaire but he put quality and friendship and integrity be fore money and that's what you will get (y)

As posted in the RR thread...

The check engine light is due to the car running slightly lean at the bottom end (as tested by fiat techs on examiner) due to the induction flowing so ridiculously well! With the re-tweeks this will make the car only better! There were 1 or 2 problems with ABS / ASR lights which (according to a fiat DET) are likely to be attributed to the battery being off too long which confuses the steering angle sensor...

These are minor niggles at best which will be sorted...

As you can see the character assasination doesn't seem to have worked as the guy's who attended the RR day all have VER BIG GRINS and A RR printout to show them EXACTLY what they got for their money...

I've no doubt that there are many reasons people choose where they spend their hard earned £'s and each to their own. BUT I will continue to spend mine where I SEE the results AND feel them!

Around £550 for induction and remap through one company = 17bhp and nowt to prove it.

Through another company in similar busines £400 for induction and remap = 30 - 35bhp as PROVEN.

we make our choices... and often learn from them as being mistakes and other times we do nothing but GRIN! :D

I have watched this thread with interest and now think there a time to stop the rubbish being spouted.

If GSR need to rubbish other companies to their customers and potential customers to win business (Yes Oldskool - we get forwarded the crap you PM people with - very unprofessional) then that is their concern and nothing to do with us, most people thankfully will see through it.

By the way the £540 is for the CDA and Remap, not remap only and gives a 24bhp increase - on a calibrated dyno tester at an independant outlet and fed back from a customer - OK not the 35bhp on the same RR as being used by the tuning company with drivetrain adjustment being done by them as well.

What I really wish is for the idiots amongst you who seem to think we have an issue with either Chipped UK or GSR would drop it - as we don't. We do not rubbish either company, we use our own ethics and service offerings to win business, not by slating other people. Jayson and Peter are good guys and offer a good service for the price they do it for. We just do things differently.

As for the development on the 2.4 mapping - yes we know its tricky, we have been doing them since their release and know that all 11 different software builds need to be developed individualy as we have now done 54 Abarths with remap and CDA and have been through the pain barrier a long time ago - brrrr I remember those long days!!

Good luck all and enjoy your modifications.

Nigel, I wasn't the one who brought up the topic in the first place!

Neither do I to win nor want to win business this way. If I wanted to win business this way I would do it open to all on the forums. I just do have problems as quite some other forum users to get rubbish from the max power league, who in their arrogant self praise and and deceiving attitude simply mislead people. Additionally I can safely say that any claim I make is backed up.

It is in your own interest to stop people making such stupid comments as they are doing damage to all parties involved.

both companies mentioned above have a right to live. if anything it gives people a choice. there is no need to have slagging matches between them (especially ones not even started by the companies themselves). at the end of the day YOU go with the company YOU feel will best suit YOUR needs. i have spoken to the guys at both companies an can say they are both out to make the customer happy. great people to talk to and very helpfull when needed. (y)

back on topic ian, what gains did you get with the remap on a 150mjtd?

Back