Technical Headlamp alignment

Currently reading:
Technical Headlamp alignment

barbarian

Not having the most nimble of fingers (or patience and daylight for that matter) when my near-side headlamp went I decided to take it to my dealership to have it replaced (along with the latest recall to be performed). Anyway, it was all sorted, then two days later the off-side one only went too! Again, another trip and it was done.

However, I've now noticed the near-side bulb is positioned to be pointing upwards whilst the off-side is pointing down. Is this normal? Has some twit not aligned/fitted them correctly? Is it something "Mr. not so nimble fingers" (i.e me) can do without taking half of the car apart?

Yes some twit has not fitted one of the bulbs correctly take the car back :)

PNL said:
Yes some twit has not fitted one of the bulbs correctly take the car back :)

Yes, you're quite right - it's a twit error.

Now that I've had the chance to see them properly in the daylight, the off-side is positioned correctly whilst the near side is not even slotted home - more or less resting on the defuser with a whopping big gap behind the bulb. No wonder I couldn't see where I was going!!

Oh well, since I paid for them to do it, I'm not risking loosing half my skin on my hand sorting it. Off to FIAT we go.... (again)

Damn right if they cant do or find it hard to do their job correctly then maybe they should consider a career change they cocked up so its their place to put right (y)

Back