Technical Brake light problem

Currently reading:
Technical Brake light problem

bonzo

I've done a search and it looks like light problems are the in thing .... So here's mine ..... my brake lights are on all the time the ignition is on ....only the near side and centre light are on .... I checked the bulb on the off side and it's fine .... any ideas to get them working properly again please .... Oh great Sages of Fiats :confused: :worship:

bonzo said:
I've done a search and it looks like light problems are the in thing .... So here's mine ..... my brake lights are on all the time the ignition is on ....only the near side and centre light are on .... I checked the bulb on the off side and it's fine .... any ideas to get them working properly again please .... Oh great Sages of Fiats :confused: :worship:

Like Doblo says, check the switch.

As far as one side not working: how did you check the bulb? If using a meter did you also see what voltages appear at the bulb holder. If not using a meter did you swap the bulbs across the vehicle to see if the problem moved with the bulb or stayed at the buld holder?

doblo said:
Under the brake pedal there should be an adjustable stop. If you adjust it by turning it one way or the other that should cure it.

Cheers doblo it was the switch and it's now cured many thanks ..... and the bulb had burnt out with being on all the time Niall_G ..... many thanks for both of your replies

regards bonzo

bonzo said:
Cheers doblo it was the switch and it's now cured many thanks ..... and the bulb had burnt out with being on all the time Niall_G ..... many thanks for both of your replies

regards bonzo
It's a pleasure it's all in a days work.

Back