Technical Where is Speedometer cable located on Doblo?

Currently reading:
Technical Where is Speedometer cable located on Doblo?

chris007

Hi

I need help quite quickly please.

I've had my Doblo taxi in for repair work at Gainmanor Silverlink today for a new seal on the gear box.

They've had the car all day and when I picked it up at 6pm I've found the speedo doesn't work. Its on Zero.

The speedo on the taxi metre doesn't work either....and therefore the taxi fares aren't correct.

Has anyone got any ideas what the hell the "technicians" have done (or not done). These men are on £60+ per hour .....or thats what we end paying....for what?

My Fiat breakdown cover has ended (you only get one year with Fiat) and therefore I can't get the AA out for a check up.

I'm presuming they've forgot to put the speedo back into place but I don't know exactly where the bloody thing is on the Doblo.

It looks as though I'm taking tonight off work if I can't sought the problem out in the next hour or so.

I've already sent an email off to Gainmanor that I expect my loses for tonight to be paid by Fiat as it is negligence on their part.

The taxi obviously wasn't road tested! ......very very poor!

Any help....please.
Chris

I expect when you're paying a guy £60+ that he should carry out the job to the best of his ability. He obviously did not take the vehicle for a road test. This is quite basic.
If he had done this he would maybe have spotted the speedo stuck on Zero and rectified the problem.
You'd maybe assume if you're paying a guy £10 (an hour) who works down the back street to sort your car out to possibly not spot every problem.....but a main Fiat dealer....c'mon!
I was told that Fiat offered customers a 2 year breakdown cover when purchasing my vehicle....this was a bit of a porky pie as when I've looked at the brochure for the first time tonight, it states one year only......I've spoke to a few taxi drivers tonight who have Doblo's and they presumed they had 2 years too.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris007

Sorry you didn't get a quick answer to your problem here. Keep coming back though :)

Thanks for your post captain_swing......I've nearly calmed down now. :)

Chris

Back