Technical Here we go again

Currently reading:
Technical Here we go again

rob19791

Hey guys, i know a lot of you took intrest in my thread My Grande failed an MOT, nearly 5000 hits lol.

I had my car replaced, like for like because i proved the car was not fit for purpose blah blah blah.

I have now got a 56reg, took delivery 7th september.(y)

This is where it all started going downhill.

Got the car home, was really excited as i had beat a big dealership didnt pay much attention to it for a few days.

the day before i was to go on holiday i find a number of faults. I wont go into that cos its soooo annoying!

the dealership took the car in and looked at it, fixed one fault, had to order a part for the other and told me my clutch was knackered and needed replacing....

A guy from Fiat Uk (slough) went to the dealership (chadwell heath) today, the service department sent a guy to pick up my car at 10:00am this morning.

I got a phone call at 4:00pm telling me that the Fiat guy had looked at the car, and that he didnt find a fault?????? wtf!

The dealer expert technician looked at my car (3 weeks earlier) and determined that the clutch was knackered.

Oh they did fix my glove box....but forgot to fix the blower thing?

Ive got terrible judder in 1st, second and reverse.... ive been driving for nearly 10yrs and know this aint normal. The only way to get rid of the judder is to rev upto 3000rpm, the judder stops but the car screams!

I cant pull away in second, and when im in traffic i kangeroo down the road like a learner!!!!!!!

FED UP BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone else had/has this problem?????
The dealership told me that they had a couple of these before, but fiat uk knocked them for the cost of the clutch, hence the fiat uk guy came to see mine today.

Really sad to hear you're still experiencing problems with your replacement GP.

Once again, don't take it lying down and you know when a car isn't right. You're the customer, and you're always right! :slayer:

Just moan, complain, rip their heads off. Because at the end of the day you will end up paying a lot of money for the car, the previous one wasn't acceptable - for it to happen again is absolutely disgusting.

Go about it the right way, and all the luck in the world pet! (y)

Surely it's got to be refund time... makes me sad to say it, but isn't it time you told FIAT to go forth? Their customer service really does suck! Once you take delivery, they couldn't give a damn. Must be really frustrating for the dealers, who in the main are brilliant. (Well the two I use are, except one ripped me off big time the other week by charging me £15 for a spare bulb kit!)

We've owned a Peugeot 206 on an 03 plate from new, had a few issues (ignition system has been replaced 3 times!) which Peugeot fixed straight away, no fuss, no hassle and a courtesy car every time. Just a shame my missus keeps bashing it up! FIAT question every problem on my car... I have an alloy wheel that is corroding, with the paint blistering out, and they say it's been damaged by me. They can't say how I've damaged it under the finish. Dealer's are changing it for me, presumably out of their own pocket (?)

The Clio has had good reports....!

The customer isnt always right.
The customer is always made to FEEL as though they are right! :p

I have to say you have been unlucky with what is happening and i am sure the dealership you get your cars from see yuor car pull up and all run. It's a dealers worst nightmare! At the end of the day i think the dealership has done everything in their power to help you out and now you need to go one step further and take it up with Fiat Auto UK.
Everyone should stop saying give the delaer some brown stuff as this isnt their problem, if 3 cars have come with faults then the only step is to go to FIAT. The dealer has done nothing wrong so why burn your bridges with them?! They are there to help :bang:

If the Fiat 'expert' has said he can find no fault with it, you have little option but to get an independent inspection done and present the findings to Fiat.

If the inspection finds up a fault then you should take the report to Fiat and demand it is done. If it is not done then i can see no option but to threaten action to have the car replaced (again!) or get a full refund. Unless you are going for third time lucky!

To have a car replaced once is unlucky, twice is laughable. You must have been real bad in a previous life!

AllSaintChris said:
If the Fiat 'expert' has said he can find no fault with it, you have little option but to get an independent inspection done and present the findings to Fiat.

If the inspection finds up a fault then you should take the report to Fiat and demand it is done. If it is not done then i can see no option but to threaten action to have the car replaced (again!) or get a full refund. Unless you are going for third time lucky!

To have a car replaced once is unlucky, twice is laughable. You must have been real bad in a previous life!

I think maybe you are right....(y)
I think they have adjusted the clutch, because now when i drive it, it doesnt judder????? weird.

Fiat Uk are as helpfull as a chocolate tea pot, i went that way before, only got a reply from them 3 weeks after the car had been replaced lol, after i had done all the hard work lol, and they didnt ewven know it had been replaced.

If the judder comes back (mmm, very likely) then im gona take it to a garage to have it inspected,,,, not an MOT this time :)

What i dont get is, the dealerships DET told me that the clutch was knackered, but the fiat uk man said their was nothing wrong.... one of thems right and the others wrong but which one i dont know. All i know is that if the car judders when engaging the clutch then something aint right, slipping or a worn part.

Wo is me lol:bang:

rob19791 said:
I cant pull away in second, and when im in traffic i kangeroo down the road like a learner!!!!!!!

Do you normally pull away in second?

All I can say is that either you are extremly unlucky or your dealer is a fraud...:mad:

It is really strange,....2 cars both with serious problems,.......at the same time that many many others don't have anything serious.......

Here in Athens in the Puntoclub, we are at least 7-8 GPs all delivered in different periods and all are working perfectly......(only minor issues came up and only 1 with steering rack replaced.

I don't know what else to say,....but .....good luck...;)

Rob....no offence but are you used to the punto clutch? I find it has quite a high 'biting' point & you need to give it a few revs as you mentioned.
How was it adjusted? :confused:

(p.s. only use 2nd gear when pulling away in adverse weather conditions;) )

T14086 said:
Rob....no offence but are you used to the punto clutch? I find it has quite a high 'biting' point & you need to give it a few revs as you mentioned.
How was it adjusted? :confused:

(p.s. only use 2nd gear when pulling away in adverse weather conditions;) )

Hi T14086 none taken me old mucker,

Ive driven loads of cars in my days, old and new. I found the clutch was a bit high but within 5 mins i was used to it.
I dont know what they have done to it but like i say when it left mine it would judder all over the place, when they returned it later that day it was faultless.

I only used second gear as a test, to see whether the clutch was infact slipping.... i had to put the revs upto 6000 to pull away without a stall.... now i can do it at 1500-2000.

Im just happy that its working:) If it does fall off or what not il deal with it then (bet its 3yrs 1 day, just me feckin luck:p )

Back