General Air con

Currently reading:
General Air con

J J

Bloody Ities
do i have air con

stilo.jpg

On this picture which is not my dash board you can see that where the arrow is pointing there is no symbol yet on mine there is a snowflake/ ice thing does this mean i have aircon.

jason

not vey well is it possible that it just wants regasing

i need some to post a pic of there dash so that i konw for a fact it does have AC

nice would a warning light come on if it need's regasing

Stuart DemonD said:
Nope - just distinct lack of cold air....

does anyone have a rough idea how much it would cost to refill? and would it have to got to fiat?

My local garage (the mechanics had just done an air-con course - which was nice) re-gassed my aircon on my Stilo 2 months ago (still waiting for the bill (y) ) but reckoned it wouldn't be all expensive even though they described my system as having less 'gas' in it than a chat show host :eek:
Oddly enough, with the aircon on the heater is much more effective. Nice thing to have a working heater now winter is rapidly approaching:D

J J said:
not vey well is it possible that it just wants regasing
If you do get cold air but not very much (i.e the fan doesn't work very well either) then it might be nothing more than a blocked pollen filter.

Don't forget to use the Forum 'SEARCH' tool to check out other possible faults

And if you get nothing and aircon generator is not engaging then check that the pipes going into the genny arnt broken [like mine are]I think Decks has put up pics of them somewhere:chin:

If your air con is working then you KNOW you have air con so that's easy once you experience it but if you buy a car with defunct air con it's also easy to get confused and convince yourself your air con is working - or maybe not:confused: Thing is, when you hit the snowflake the interior fan comes on and air coming in is pretty cool this time of the year too so it's easy to kid yourself:)

Simplest way to tell is to check your compressor pulley because if your compressor isn't going around then your air con isn't working at all. Easy to get confused with that too though as the outside of the compressor pulley goes around all the time the engine is running. When you select air con with the snowflake button the compressor clutch should engage with a loud "clack" and the interior of the compressor pulley will start rotating as well.

If the compressor's not going ( a pressure switch will stop the compressor clutch engaging if the system pressure isn't right) then you need to get your system checked and serviced. Fiat or any good air con engineers can do this for you. Look in yellow pages. Prices range from 60-100 pounds. They'll be able to check whether you have leaks in the system and give you a full system vaccuum and recharge

Last edited:
my aircon went stupid in the summer, turned out to be the tempreature control flap had snapped so he glued it back together but now it's either snapped again or it's stuck. a way of telling this is if your blowers seem a bit pathetic, i can't feel anything blowing out of mine when it's on 2 and 3 is a bit weedy as well.

There you are I told you he wouldnt be long mention his name and up he pops
coffeecup.gif
and not content with one post he puts two up :nono: greedy boy :D

the cabin filter was changed last year, when the mechanic glued the tempreature control flap the blowers through the drivers side was fine but now it's gone again.

Does anybody know how long it takes to change the control flap? cos I think you have to take out the heater box :chin: just wondering what the damage will be when i get it done properly :p

sorry to bring up an old thread but this symbol mean i have air con

aircon.JPG

Back