General Turbo MK2

Currently reading:
General Turbo MK2

I dunno about convert a 1.2 8v MK2 Punto but you can put turbo engines in it can be done with a 1.4 GT engine can fit but its just too much work though.. (n) You would be better off getting a HGT engine be honest though better off selling your car and buying a GT/JTD/HGT probly save you money mate.. :p

1.2 8v turbo would be pointless really when you have so many more optionsin a mk2.

a 1242 8v mpi turbo is about as good as it gets when planted into a cinq or sei, but thats because they are very tight on space. and very small and light.
with a mk2 its quite a bit heavier, so you need something with more torque to really get a significant differece.

TBH its not worth turbo'ing your car, or fittng any other engine to it, unless you have spent AT LEAST its value AGAIN on non transferable body mod's and paint etc.

otherwise there really isn't much reason to just buy a different car.

Yes it can be done with a different ECU and Injectors there is a member on the forum which has done it but I haven't seen him on here in ages. Not really worth the effort for the power gains though :p.

Intersting as I haven't heard of anyone else who has a turbocharged the Mk2 8v, the 16v yes.

It puts out in excess of 120bhp currently so I think thats a reasonable gain

I have a mk2 8v turbo, so yes it is true

Here it is

19905347a2957487779b230812075l.jpg

You can turbo most things, the real question is - is it worth it?

On a 1.2 8v in a Mk2? I'd say no, unless you have uber body work and/or unmovable sound system.

But people have done it, and by god respect to them, I dont know if I can live without a ptchhh now, regardless of what engine its on.

Back