Technical Fuel Injector Warning light

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Injector Warning light

karmapolice

Hi,
Ive got a Fiat Punto 55sx N reg and the fuel injector warning light is more,more or less permantly on(on the dash).When the warning light is on it drives like crap,between 2000-3000 revs you have to thrash it to get anywhere.As soon as light goes out its fine.Does it sound like a Lambda sensor problem to you because the warning light is too precise..warning light on, problem..off fine?If so where exactly is the sensor..i've read up in this great forum and had a look for it but cant be sure where it is..Under the car by the cat? or just on the down pipe infront of the engine..or could it be a carb or catalytic convertor problem.
You guys are my last hope.
thanks in advance
Karmapolice

Hi welcome to the forum :)

if it only happens when engine is warm it could be lambda, its in the down pipe try taking it out and cleaning with a bit of bog roll,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
The warning light comes on from cold,though it starts fine.Now i know exactly where the lambda is i will take it out today and give it a clean.
thanks again
karmapolice

can anybody help me?

My fiat punto p-reg starts, but under load stalls.
The fuel injector light comes up on the dash, and stays on.
Could it be the ECG valve, or the lambada sensor, and if so where do I locate the sensor, and how do I clean the ECG valve.

Any ideas?

mate ive got the same kind of problem i had a new egr valve with no joy cost about 100 i think ive just unpluged the lead off the egr and mine dont stall no more and it idles ok if i plug it back in then it cuts the car out

please help me guys , i have the same problems with my fuel injection system [FIAT PUNTO n-REG] ,warning lights and vehicle getting very hot after a 5 minutes of drive , there the problem starts with fuel indictor warning light is coming and car is moving very slow, and engine and car is shaking with a noices , i have changed the lids and plugs, but still same problem arising ,, can you guys please help me out with it , and how much it does cost for fixing the problem,?

This thread is over 5 years old! lol

please help me guys , i have the same problems with my fuel injection system [FIAT PUNTO n-REG] ,warning lights and vehicle getting very hot after a 5 minutes of drive , there the problem starts with fuel indictor warning light is coming and car is moving very slow, and engine and car is shaking with a noices , i have changed the lids and plugs, but still same problem arising ,, can you guys please help me out with it , and how much it does cost for fixing the problem,?

Have you tried cleaning the lambda sensor?

If you disconnect the lambda sensor (at the front of the engine, trace the wire from where sensor is described above) does the engine run fine?

The engine runs in a default map mode and makes the engine run rich (and will damage it if you leave it disconnected). If this is the case, you can replace with a universal sensor (about £30) or get a bosch (£70) or original fiat one (£60)

woww sounds exactly like my problem only happens when the engines hot it drives horrid like a tractor so what do i need do just buy a new lambda sensor?? and fit it and it should be okay? its pecking my head now :bang:

with me its similar as best described in a thread i just started. I get this light on 24/7 and it randomly starts whether hot or cold. usually i park on a hill so tht when it feels like playing up i can bump it. at a petrol station sometimes i even have to push it out cos it wont start. the car seems fine so i believe its something with ECU but only fiat can seem to sort it out and for of course a ridiculous £300....just to plug into a computer for 5 mins..:bang:

Back