Technical GSR F1i Induction Kit

Currently reading:
Technical GSR F1i Induction Kit

surfin_fella

Cento Boy
Here's my day for you all.

I called Peter@GSR yesterday so knew that the kit was due today. Woke up around 9 o'clock to a knock on the door. Jumped outta bed and collected my parcel. Just like Christmas, I grabbed a knife and ripped open the box. Then grabbed a screwdriver and my car keys. The original fittings came off much easier than I thought. All the bits laid on my drive as I laughed at the pain they had caused my performance. While the airbox was off I decided to change the spark plugs. Got some nice nwe NGK ones in there now. Don't know how much difference they've made but new plugs can't harm.

So, I whack on the new induction kit and take her for a spin. Don't really notice the change first of all to my upmost dissapointment but as the day goes on and the miles tick over...OMG!!!! No more 3k rpm flatspot, no more crap acceleration and one meaty noise grunting from under my bonnet when I give it some! I can't really compare with the likes of Pipercross and K&N because this is my first (and last) induction kit but this is good. very good. When I first got the car, as standard, me+a mate tested the 0-60 time. Bearing in mind he is a big guy (lol!!) we timed it at 14.8 secs. This is on a mobile phone and taking the speedo as read. Today, under same circumstances, on the same road...11.7

I'm well pleased!

Sie

Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE

My insurance company won't accept any mods:(what do i do?[V]

Sie

Black 96P Cinq Sporting

You're on dodgy ground if you don't declare mods and have a smash. In theory if you could get the original kit back on before Mr Inspector sees it, you may get away with it - but this assumes you get the car back and it doesn't go to a holding yard. Technically it's fraud too.

Alternatively, change insurance companies.

Pete.
1242cc cinq,turbo cinq,Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group,Clubcento

can i do that halfway through my policy year?

Sie

Black 96P Cinq Sporting

Not without cancelling the policy[V]

Tom (AofB)

1 x 93' Cinq SX
1 x 95' Cinq Sporting
= Loads a' fun!

fooking insurance:(

Sie

Black 96P Cinq Sporting

As has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum, there's always the other side - say you have a modded car and don't declare anything. You have a big smash (maybe it's your fault, maybe not) and are put in hospital. Mr Inspector checks your car while you are still KO'd and finds it isn't what they have on their books because of the mods. Insurance is then void, and you could be sued personally for any damage injuries etc. that the other people suffer. Then your talking 6 figure debt.B)

Pete.
1242cc cinq,turbo cinq,Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group,Clubcento

Aye 'tis an annoying thing this declaring mods.
It seems very bizzare to me. I have in the last few years spent just about all my money earnt on either my bike or my PC. And everytime i do i always put a performance part onto it. Seems silly to me to replace it with a stock component. But you try to do this to a car and you end up having to pay double cos the insurance woes.
Eg my brakes wore out on the bike, i replaced them with Magura Hydraulic ones which cost a lot more than a new set of pads and cables. If i were to do a similar thing on a car i would be slapped with an insurance fraud problem. Kinda annoying.
I do admittedly see why Mr. Insurance has to charge more tho.

GeX
"Women are hurt by the smallest things, like papercuts and... childbirth!"

the alarm I recently put on the car isn't even listed on the insurance lists. It is a cheapo one but they could at least go a bit easier on me knowing that I at least have some sort of deterrant!! I'm keeping the strut brace on because how I see it, it's a safety device

Sie

Black 96P Cinq Sporting

Back